Washington State and Federal Taxes?

I live in Washington State. Do I have to file for state taxes or just federal? Also, I get education befits from the V.A. chapter 35, and i was wondering if those are taxable. Thanks.

2 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    WA is one of the few states that does NOT have a state income tax, so no, there's no need to file state taxes.

    Source(s): I live in WA also.
    • Login to reply the answers
  • miggo
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

    The IRS isn't a series organization for inner maximum bills. No exceptions. regardless of in case you owed money that became into eligible for an offset of a federal refund, mutually with newborn help or student loans in default, in elementary terms YOUR refund could be offset for those. Their refund won't be able to be touched on your bills. so a techniques as claiming you as a based is worried, those are the exams: one million. you do no longer report a joint return with yet another taxpayer. 2. Your gross earnings is decrease than $3,800 for 2012. that incorporates any unemployment reward which you won. 3. They offered greater advantageous than one million/2 of your help for the whole 3 hundred and sixty 5 days. A parent is in a definite form of dependents that don't ought to stay in the taxpayer's homestead in any respect to be claimed as a based.

    • Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.