Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

Lose 2.5 stone in seven months please help!!!?

I am a bit overweight for my height and if I lost 2 and a half stone (35 pounds) I would have a healthy weight (about bmi 19). If I do a half hour run/walk 6 times a week and stop eating when i am full and only snack on fruit can i lose that weight?? Also can I afford to sometimes treat myself with some chocolate etc. as I get really depressed and miserable if i completely cut it out. and it would be quite unrealistic if i suddenly banned it forever. Also I will have about 2-3 cups of green tea a day. So is it possible?? Any suggestions welcome thank you!!

Best Answer

OKay so 35pounds, You only really wanna lose 2 a week, so should take just over 17weeks. So if you do now can have your body by summer :)

I am a guy but i think i can still help. Firstly before you start weigh yourself. And the start of every week weigh yourself, you should be losing 2 pounds or 1 is acceptable, if you arent... make you diet stricter by cutting calories or just making it cleaner (more fruit, chicken less chocolate) or exercise more.

As for the diet i just stick to 3 meals a day, i take out the obvious foods like pizza, burgers, chips, choclate, crisps, cakes etc. I dont wrry about lowering carbs. I eat healthy but less often

I eat mostly lean meats like chicken, fish. Pasta, cheese, wholegrain breads. Fruit & salad (i personally hate vege but if u like it eat it).

Personally for me I wasnt that strict on my diet I would eat 3 meals a day like 10am, 2pm 7pm. Breakfast cereal or fruit. Lunch Baguette or sandwich with cheese and chicken and lettuce. Dinner Something like chicken and pasta. I focused more on exercising. I would run or play sports 5to6 times a week. And although i wasnt overweight when dong this everytime I would lose fat and for a guy thankfully not muscle.

This worked for me hope it does for you, if you try!

Oh yer and reali try to avoid the snacks like chocolate, I would go for like 3weeks at a time with good reults have 1 chocolate bar and then have a few more. I have to go without it completely otherwise i slow my progress. If you think you can manage not to wreck your progress then make i clear what yoru allowed. I.e. one chocolate bar every friday, then its something to look forward to aswell, just make sure you sont over do it. Can probable work this out if you weight isnt down next time you weigh yourself

You can easily lose 2.5 stone in seven months.

Start by cleaning your body from processed foods and chemicals, Do a 7 day detox diet such as the cabbage soup diet. This will clean out your system and prepare your body for a healthy new way of life.

The 7 days are very easy to complete, you basically eat fruits and vegetables and towards the end of the 7 days introduce proteins and good carbs. This can help shift up to 10lbs in only 7 days alone.

Drink plenty of water and increase your exercising, start off slow and work your way up. Once you have completed the 7 days continue to eat balanced healthy meals and remember you can have treats but in moderation. Continue to exercise and you will soon lost the weight, increase your energy levels and will be toning up.

This website provides everything you need for free for the cabbage soup diet, including recipes for everyday of the 7 day plan including things like vegetable burgers and even healthy french fries and crisps! Together with a motivation page, no diet secrets and how to glow with energy

http://www.theeasycabbagesoupdiet.com

Good luck :)

• Cherry

Yes, I think that what you are proposing would work just fine, I lost my weight doing that before, going for a jog 3 or 4 times a week (I would suggest jogging is better than walking) and go for at least 20 / 25 mins each time.

Definitely stop eating when you are full and try to eat healthily, but yes, it is fine to have the odd chocolate bar, from my own experience when I tried to cut chocolate out I just found myself binging on it so just cutting it down is a much better solution. I think the green tea is fine.

Sounds like if you manage to stick to it you will definitely lose the weight and it is a much healthier way than trying any kind of fad diet.

Good luck, I am sure you will manage it :o)

• ny

When you are losing weight, you should exercise and diet together.

If you exercise without dieting, you will get bigger appetite, which

will lead to increase of weight, or muscle grow

underneath the fat layer, and make you bulkier. If you diet without

exercising, you will become flabby and will have excess skin. For

diet, go wheat free. No pasta, pizza, bread and so on. And no food

after 7 p.m. People achieve marvellous results with it. Depending on

your initial weight, you can drop upwards from 20 pounds a month. If

you don't eat wheat then you don't eat all those sticky, fatty goey

cakes, you don't eat junk food, and you don't eat biscuits. But your

diet is still balanced. It costs nothing, and you do not have to

calculate points or to buy special meals or plans. For exercising,

start with walking, and then switch to running/jogging. Running is the

most efficient and calorie-burn exercise ever. If you are overweight a

lot, walk first or you may have health complications (heart attack,

disjointed bones and so on). Weight lifting is a good means to target

your problem areas for men and women. It's not necessarily to become a

bodybuilder or even join a gym - a couple of dumbbells will help you

to target your problem areas (stomach, butt, legs, arms, chest).

Good job, setting your goal is the first step. If you eat less & move more then you will lose weight.

I think that you will find that if you start exercising 30 minutes a day by running/walking, you'll quickly see that you have more energy & you'll be able to last longer out there!

I would keep track of what you are eating, by writing it down. This will help you see if you are eating too much (or too little). Also, chocolate every once in a while is okay. You have to reward yourself sometimes, or you'll never be able to stick to a diet. Good luck!

If you want to eat truly healthy, lose body fat consistently, normalize your blood pressure, cholesterol levels, prevent cancer, and even boost your brain health and energy levels, you may have heard all over the news that the Paleo Diet has been found to be one of the best methods of achieving all of these benefits compared to any other popular “fad” diets out there. Go here https://tr.im/siAB7

The truth is that the Paleo Diet will never be considered a fad because it’s just simply the way that humans evolved to eat over approximately 2 million years. And eating in a similar fashion to our ancestors has been proven time and time again to offer amazing health benefits, including prevention of most diseases of civilization such as cancer, heart disease, alzheimers, and other chronic conditions that are mostly caused by poor diet and lifestyle. One of the biggest misunderstandings about the Paleo Diet is that it’s a meat-eating diet, or a super low-carb diet. This is not true

Your caloric intake should be under 1,400 and you need to workout for an hour a day...everyday. If you simply stick to this...I GUARANTEE You will lose that 2.5 stone in LESS than 6 months...DEFINITELY. Good luck! :)

The only way to loose weight effectively and in a healthy manner is to widen the activity / caloric intake ratio. If you move around more you will burn more calories. It's very simple. the best way is to cut caloric intake by 10 - 15% and to raise activity by the same amount. The trick is sustaining it but in 7 months your body will adjust to this and you will be able to maintain. Good luck.

If you think about your self “short” by culture standards and really worrying you then you need a modify, a change that you will find here, https://tr.im/wX1zS .

Grow Taller 4 Idiots is an incredible book that you will allow you to grow taller by releasing the HGH hormone, regardless of how old you are.

The HGH, the Human Growth Hormone is a hormone that may you find normally in the individual body. Boys and girls who're teenagers have a higher amount of HGH in their bodies as compared to older people. As you grow up, the amount of HGH begins to drop rapidly.

HGH is in charge of height grow, creating muscles and also losing weight and this book can show you how to do to release it in your body.

try this:

leave atleast 5-6 hours without eating anything before you go to sleep.

eat sensibly, be more active and that should work.

i use to be 13.5 stone about 2/3 years back and now im 10.12. i didnt put much effort into losing the weight, but that was the routine i followed. good luck.