Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

A person inknown to me set up a recurring ACH transaction through State Farm to pay his insurance premium.?

A person inknown to me set up a recurring ACH transaction through State Farm to pay his insurance premium. The money was taken from my checking account. My bank didn't didn't notice that the name on the account (mine) was different than the ACH requestor. Isn't there security set up to check for this?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

No, the bank doesn't look at these things with ACH transactions. It is entirely electronic, no human intervention. All they need to know is that the routing and account numbers are correct.

It is up to you to reconcile your account and know what transactions are being run through. Know who has access to your banking information and ensure that all your banking information is protected.

Best thing to do now is file a fraud claim with the bank.

• 1 decade ago

nope because the bank does not know what off line deals you may be setting up!!! that is why you need to really go over you monthly bank statements!!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.