How do you handle fraudulent spam mail like this?

It is an email that I continue to receive.

I sent him an email to go f... off.

Good Day,

Let me start by introducing myself. I am Mr. SONG LILE, Director of Operations of the Hang Seng Bank Ltd. I have an obscured business suggestion for you. Before the U.S. and Iraqi war, our client Colonel Sadiq Uday, who was with the Iraqi forces and also businessman, made a numbered fixed deposit for 18 calendar months, with a value of Nineteen million Five Hundred Thousand United State Dollars($19,500,000.00usd) only in my branch.

Upon maturity several notices was sent to him, even during the war which began in 2003. Again after the war another notification was sent and still no response came from him. We later found out that the Colonel along with his wife and only daughter had been killed during the war in a bomb blast that hit their home.

You can read more about the bombings on visiting these sites below:

After further investigation it was also discovered that Colonel Sadiq Uday, did not declare any next of kin in his official papers including the paper work of his bank deposit. And he also confided in me the last time he was at my office that no one except me knew of his deposit in my bank. So, Nineteen Million Five Hundred Thousand United State Dollars

is still lying in my bank and no one will ever come forward to claim it.

1.http://www.ccmep.org/usbombingwatch/2003.htm#3/19/...

2.http://civilians.info/iraq/deaths_data.php

What bothers me most is that according to the laws of my country at the expiration 5 years the funds will revert to the ownership of the Hong Kong Government if nobody applies to claim the funds. Against this backdrop, my suggestion to you is that I will like you as a foreigner to stand as the next of kin to Colonel Sadiq Uday, so that you will be able to receive his funds.

MODALITIES:

I want you to know that I have had everything planned out so that we shall come out successful. I have an attorney that will prepare the necessary document that will back you up as the next of kin to Colonel Sadiq Uday, all that is required from you at this stage is for you to provide me with your Full Names and Address so that the attorney can commence his job. After you have been made the next of

of kin, the attorney will also fill in for claims on your behalf and secure the necessary approval and of probate in your favor for the move of the funds to an account that will be provided by you. There is no risk involved at all in this matter, as we are going to adopt a legalized method and the attorney will prepare all the necessary documents. Please endeavor to observe utmost discretion in all matters concerning this issue. Once the funds have been transferred to your nominated bank account we shall then share in the ratio of 70% for me, 30% for you.

Should you be interested please send me your,

1, Full names,

2, private phone number,

3, current residential address,

And I will prefer you reach me on my private email address below:

(songli44@gmail.com)

( MR. Song Li le

Hang Seng Bank Ltd.

Sai Wan Ho Branch,

83, Des Voeux Road,

Hong Kong.

Favorite Answer

In the event this scam message came from Y! Mail account, go report it here: http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/ab...

Choose Fraud as the reason for the violation you're reporting on.

or,

Forward it to Customer Care at the following address:

phishing@cc.yahoo-inc.com

Here are other places you can report this message:

Internet Fraud Complaint Center: ifcc.tp@fbi.gov

FraudAid Scam Reporting Email: scamreports@fraudaid.com

Castle Cops: depositscam@coldrain.net

Federal Trade Commission: spam@uce.gov

Also, you can report it here: http://consumerfraudreporting.org/feedback.htm

Then you should get it spammed straight into oblivion right away.

Never open these things, never respond to them it sends a message back that you account is active and they will never stop. If they are in your inbox, mark them spam, if in the spam bin, just empty it. Try putting the email address in your blocked address list, from the mail screen over to the right click Options, then Mail Options, click Blocked Addresses then type the address in the box and click Add Block. These people change their email address everyday, so spamming them is the best way.

Mark as spam and delete it.