La Purga, 1668. Historical fact or fiction?

I'm reading Dan Brown's "Angels & Demons" and find it incredibly interesting (though sometimes the writing is hokey). However, although I hear that Brown is well-researched in what he portrays as historical and scientific fact, sometimes I wonder.

Is the event La Purga of 1668, when the Roman Catholic Church supposedly branded and burned at the stake 4 Illuminati members true or not? And where can I find more information?

I Googled it, but nothing really came up....

That's what I've read...

So, a follow up question, if you don't mind:

Why is Brown so adamant that the Illuminati started in Galileo's time, and that Galileo himself was a member?

Where does he get his information?

• Jim L
    Favorite Answer

Fiction, as the Illuminati only came into being with Weishaupt in the 1770s - and were suppressed shortly thereafter.

La Purga 1668

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Is the event La Purga of 1668,...

Source(s): la purga 1668 historical fact fiction: https://shortly.im/BHMBp