HELP! My husband lost his Job on monday and My Dad is making it his "job" to help my husband find another one!?

We live in the o so wonderful state of Michigan and my Husband just lost his Job from GM on Monday. It was a Great Job with Excellent Benefits.. Well now my Dad thinks it's his Job to "fix" everything. He calls us leaving messages on our Phone "Dick Scott Kia is hiring, go fill out an... show more We live in the o so wonderful state of Michigan and my Husband just lost his Job from GM on Monday.
It was a Great Job with Excellent Benefits..
Well now my Dad thinks it's his Job to "fix" everything.
He calls us leaving messages on our Phone "Dick Scott Kia is hiring, go fill out an Application".. He will tell my husband to fill out a Resume at Monster.com...
He will call us and tell us that we have to do "XYZ"...It's starting to be very annoying. I know he wants to help us..But it's very annoying!!

Another thing, My husband had a Job Interview today, and They said he may start next week. He had to go take a Physical, Get is Mechanic License re certified etc..soo all of that takes time.
But he is Hired.

But My husband does not want to say anything in till he actually starts working.
In the mean time, How do we get My father to back off.