Am i the only person in the world that didn't like twilight?

all of my friends were acting like its the book of the century, so i got the audio book and tried it out. its alright in bits, the stuff when bella and edward get together is good, but it took way to long to get there. and there's no chemistry for ages. its on the blurb for f**ks sake, i know whats gonna... show more all of my friends were acting like its the book of the century, so i got the audio book and tried it out.
its alright in bits, the stuff when bella and edward get together is good, but it took way to long to get there. and there's no chemistry for ages. its on the blurb for f**ks sake, i know whats gonna happen so hurry up and get to the good bit.
that's another thing, the plots sooooo predictable, i know its not a very plot driven book but some imagination is appreciated. The hero rushes in at the end and saves the day just in time?, come on! if there's gonna ba a big fight between a load of vampires, one of whom has to get ripped apart, id like to hear about it, not a running commentary on what it's like to almost pass out.
and i don't get the big deal with edward either, apart from being ohh so beautiful i mean.
i wouldn't be this bitchy but i just don't understand why everyone's going so mental over it, a friend said that it was the most beautifully written book shed read, but i though it was really irritating. are there any sentences that don't begin with "I"?
clearly ive missed something important.
can anyone shed some light?
11 answers 11