Spybot Search and Destroy?

I just received a "hand me down" computer and it is ridiculously slow. I ran Spybot S&D once and it came up with a whole crap load of malwares, trojans, hijackers etc. I told it to fix the problems but it wouldn't fix some because they were active in windows, so I told it to run on start-up and... show more I just received a "hand me down" computer and it is ridiculously slow. I ran Spybot S&D once and it came up with a whole crap load of malwares, trojans, hijackers etc. I told it to fix the problems but it wouldn't fix some because they were active in windows, so I told it to run on start-up and restarted my computer. Now, the problems that couldn't be fixed like 7 some trojans it said there were aren't showing up. So, I'm confused, its a really nice computer and I want to fix it. Is there another program like spybot that I can run that is free, should I just assume that the trojan viruses are gone or what? And also the same problems keep popping up, like there is 4 problems that I've "fixed" 3 times and they still keep coming. Sorry if this is confusing.
4 answers 4