What activities does your toddle do on a typical day?

My daughter is 16 months and enjoys watching the Backyardigans and Wonder Pets and then likes to explore the house by taking out the pots and pans and her toys from her room. I've tried to sit her down to 'color' and to use her blocks but she's not interested. However, she enjoys it when I read to... show more My daughter is 16 months and enjoys watching the Backyardigans and Wonder Pets and then likes to explore the house by taking out the pots and pans and her toys from her room.
I've tried to sit her down to 'color' and to use her blocks but she's not interested. However, she enjoys it when I read to her a story.

My question is how do you entertain your toddle at home? What activities do you do with him/her?
Update: Doing activities outside our home is not a problem. We actually go out everyday. I live less than 10 minutes away from the beach and since Southern CA is mostly sunny we spend many hours out there. We also go to class twice a week at a community college which allows my daughter to be around other children. and on... show more Doing activities outside our home is not a problem. We actually go out everyday. I live less than 10 minutes away from the beach and since Southern CA is mostly sunny we spend many hours out there. We also go to class twice a week at a community college which allows my daughter to be around other children. and on Wednesdays we go to the library for toddle story time followed with a hands-on activity. I also live less than 2 minutes away from the park so we also spend time there and every morning we go out for a walk...
Again the problem is finding more things to do at home.
All of you have giving me great ideas so far that I will surely consider.