2006 Ford F150 SuperCrew Lariat?

I have as said above a 2006 fordt f150 supercrew lariat with the 5.4. Recently I have had my brakes howl when I apply pressure to the pedal. It is not all the time though, it only happens about 40% into the pedal push for about half a second, unless I hold it in that spot then it will keep howling. I've checked the brake pads, they are not worn yet, the rotors look fine, there is not dust or dirt in or around the pad or rotor. Does anyone know what might be going on?

Favorite Answer

not worn yet? how many miles on a 2006...its 3 yrs old....they can "look" fine and be glazed....throw on a new set of pads less than 100 dollars.

As long as you don't over abuse it, 3 years should be nothing (call me in about 2011 and we will talk about possible replacement then :-).... I've seen many of these trucks at 200k miles already with a few at 300k miles already.. and other than maybe some ball joints and coil packs, they have been pretty much holding up.. I don't expect anything to blow up, if you keep your maintaince right (including the transmission) Know personally of a 02 f-150 that's got 150k miles on it.. only work done to it has been brakes twice, the cruise recall, oil changes at 5k miles, and two sets of tires about all that's been done to it.

Get it inspected

best is to take it in for inspection. then you can go from there.

maybe it,s the booster.