Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 decade ago

HAVE YOU EVER THOUGHT ABOUT JOI NING THE MILITARY? But then realize that the military is a bunch of neocons?

Should they call this Neocon Syndrome?

MY FATHER WAS IN VIETNAM YOU FOOLS. AND HE DIED WHEN I WAS 15 OF AGENT ORANGE. THAN THE STATE STOLE MY FAMILY HOME OF 18 YEARS. THE GOVERNMENT DID NOTHING FOR US. AND EVER SINCE NEOCON AFTER NEOCON HAS BEEN ******* OVER MY FAMILY. CANT JOIN THE MILITARY BECAUSE THEY ARE ALL NEOCONS AND SOMEONE MAY GET HURT.

Favorite Answer

I'm in the Army and I'm a bleeding heart liberal.

Source(s): US Army Officer.

I like how you stereotype the whole military as being that way, like we can't be a group of individual free thinkers just because we decided that we can set aside petty crap to fight for a country so you can post crap like that. I take it you have never been to a country where it is not allowed so you don't even appreciate being able to do it. So you think your dad dying in vietnam is the military's fault? Wake up!! If you think all the people in Iraq believe in that war you are crazy! People do get hurt over there in Iraq, my brother is on disability from it, but it is better then someone getting hurt over hear. As corny as it is :Freedom is NOT free! Your father fought in a tough war that was more controversial then the clinton scandal. So many people were drafted who didn't believe in any of that crap and so many died...don't let that crap effect your life...No one is forcing you to join now and I highly doubt we will ever have a draft again.

Source(s): 4 years military, husband 9 years
  • gunner

You father is not the fool posting this garbage. Maybe if he was home more often you would have stayed in school instead of finding a new word and trying to use it in a sentance, I won't get hurt I promise you that. I think making threats of bodily injury is a felony let alone not allowed in this forum. Agent orange is not a cause of death. It may have been cancer that may have been caused by it. Your just venting and your question makes no scence.

During the primaries, Ron Paul got more donations from the military than all the other candidates combined. Apparently they are not all neocons.

So, when have you ever served? Never? Thought so.

Your question is more amusing than anything for illustrating your complete ignorance regarding those of us who DO serve.

My father was in Vietnam too. My brother was in Desert Storm and I served OIF. Sorry you've had such a bad life but if you want to be the "victim" forever, your choice. Peace.

Source(s): Me, an Army nurse

Perhaps your question should be;

"You ever want to ask a question about a subject you know absolutely nothing about that makes you look like a complete and utter ignoramus?"

By the way, there are more Libertarian minded people than any other group in the military.

Those "neocons" in the military are protecting you and they're the reason you have the freedom that you do to spew your anti-American hate filled rhetoric.

And you are the person who has the freedom to sit on your couch, watching whatever you want on TV & the ability to make a comment like this... without getting dragged from your house, beaten & jailed with no trial.

Don't bash the military... especially when you want the right to free speech!

Source(s): A military wife... trust me - it's not a well paying job - no one does it for the money!

your father is turning in his grave bc of the garbage you posted. the state probably took your home bc the taxes were never paid on it. the military is federal, so blaming them for the state taking your house is retarded. im glad that you cant join the military bc with your views and attitude you would definitely be a victim of fratricide. i would frag your *** in a second!

Source(s): 5 years stay platoon scout/sniper usmc

I admit I was pretty ignorant about the military until I worked with them. I changed my mind. Unless you know a lot of them personally, you can't form an opinion like that.

You should try joining the "Salvation Army" that way you can fight clutter one garage at a time. Now go back to your room and continue eating cheetos and watching porn.

Source(s): Me