what rental companies rents cars to 18 year olds?

I'm 18 and have a licence and am covered under my mothers car insurance. I want to rent a car for the weekend in Maine, but I don't know any car companies that rent to teenagers, anyone know of any?

Best Answer

It is difficult to rent a car if you're under 25. However, some rental agencies will allow one to rent a car if you're under 25, providing that you pay an additional daily surcharge. For most agencies/states, the minimum age is 21, while a few may go as low as 18. If you can rent through an employer/group plan, you may also be able to rent. If you are on official military orders, you can probably rent if over 18, but if you're just on leisure travel/leave the usual rules typically apply.

http://www.bnm.com/uage.htm a good site to help you find such agencies and compare the surcharge rates in major cities, as is http://www.autorentalguide.com/car-rentals-under-2...

If the city you'll be travelling to has an E-Z Rent-A-Car, then try that. In Texas, they rent to everyone above 18, as long as you have a major credit card. It's more expensive because they charge a daily fee, but it's an option.

• sorry charlie... Lucked out! im 20 and i've been trying to rent a car to drive down to a different state but unfortunately car companies wont rent to you until you are at least 22, more likely 25. I have searched the seven seas for companies in the United States who lend to younger drivers, but no dice. The only way they will is if it is for military reasons.

The ones that went bankrupt as a result of renting to 18 year olds.

Sorry Babygirl from all the rental experence i have had i know of no rental companies How ever you can try to get your parents to do what i did for my kids i rented a vehicle in my name and drove it off then handed it over to my kids...

Good luck

none you have to be 25. instead of going to maine go to mexico. theyll let you drive a car if you can see over the steering wheel

enterprise...with deposit or credit card...used to i know for sure...but not sure if still do...may be your mother will cosign and you could be an insured driver

not many...people don't trust teenagers like me and you :(

Source(s): 16

none sorry