Help w/ geometry and deductive reasoning....?
1. Is the converse of the condition statement of these statements true?
Igneous rock is formed from the cooling of molten rock
Sedimentary rock is formed from pieces of other rocks.
Metamorphic rock is formed by changing temperature, pressure, or chemistry.
2. Suppose each of the following statements is true. What can you conclude? Explain your answer.
If it is Tuesday, then I have art class.
It is Tuesday.
Each school day, I have either an art class or study hall.
If it is Friday, then I have gym class.
Today, I have either music class or study hall.
- 1 decade agoBest Answer
1. The cooling of molten rock forms Igneous rock (T)
Pieces of other rocks form sedimentary rock (not always)
Changing temperature, pressure, or chemistry forms metamorphic rock (not sure, but I think T)
2. You can conclude that you have art class and music class. We know today is Tuesday by your second statement. The first statement says if it's Tuesday, then you have art. It is Tuesday, so you have art. Each day, you either have art or study hall. Since you can't have both in one day (by the or), and you already have art class, you cannot have study hall. Forget the Friday statement, as it has no bearing on this problem (since today is Tuesday). Finally, you either have music or study hall. Again, you can't have both, you must have one, and you're not in study hall, you must be in music.
- 1 decade ago
Converse is just switching the 'If' and the 'then' statements. First you need to define the 'if' and the 'then' then switch them.
1) Statement: Igneous rock is formed from the cooling of molten rock.
If: igneous rock
Then: is formed from the cooling of molten rock
If it is igneous rock, then it is formed by the cooling of molten rock
Converse: If it is formed by the cooling of molten rock, then it is igneous.
If there is even just one example of a rock formed by cooled molten rock, then the converse is false.
Do the same with the other statements. Unfortunately, I can't help you with the second question.
- 4 years ago
Sketching, even though is an amazing hobby and a great way to spend enough time, can be a really difficult job and this really is way you need this manual from here https://tr.im/8Clsh , Realistic Pencil Portrait Mastery so that you can start with the right foot.
That Realistic Pencil Portrait Mastery eBook is constructed by Christopher Sia, a Pencil Face Drawer and an coach in that artwork throughout the past 5 years
Mr. Sia is extremely step by step and you can completely follow along his entire drawing process. If you want to see each part of how his drawings are put down, you will find them. There are lots of good recommendations and tips on covering and taking down tough portions like hair. The procedure map offer you a birds-eye view of the pulling method and the exercises possess some extra valuable information.