What "annoys" you about Religion?

this question is address to all THEIST & ATHEIST.

• TomTom
    Favorite Answer

I'm Catholic, don't get me wrong

but it really annoys me how Christianity goes on about how God had your life planned out before the world was created. Why would he plan such a horrible life for some people and a fantastic life for others. And also why does he make us apologise for sins we committed when he was the one that planned our life and knew we were going to sin because he planned our life to be like that.

• Music

What bothers me is that everyone thinks only their religion is the right one.

I'm a Scientologist and I have no problem with anyone else have a different religion. It's a personal choice, you need to pick one based on your life, your point of view, your beliefs and morals, and no one should be able to say "your religion is wrong, mine is right" because that just angers people and quite frankly makes the person look dumb.

As for what bugs me about actual religion...probably that they all contradict themselves.

Referring to Catholic: 1) margination of homosexuals and divorced people. 2) sex considered as a bad thing. 3) the pope's authority. 4) first thing you say in mass: "I am guilty" 5) the way they scare people with hell 6) confession 7) priest's hipocresy 8) perhaps what annoys me more is that the Church could play a wonderful role in society, and it actually doesn't. It is a pity.

Source(s): 14 years of catholic scool.

I see religion from all aspects and try not to be too judgmental but what annoys me the most is hearing a preacher or pastor try to convince a group of worshipers to pray their little hearts out to a invisible "god" in the sky who heals all problems when there is no solid evidence that he/she even exists in real form or spiritually.

That people choose not to investigate the history of religions, the corrupt, immoral and often revolting behavior of Religious houses, and the inability for people to see that the majority of organized religion has been a scam to intimidate, control and manipulate the masses.

I'm agnostic, so I guess the things that bothers me about religion as well as atheists is that they insist that "there has to be a God" or "there can't possibly be a God," or even the whole faith things and how they use faith as a source of knowledge. It annoys me because there is no proof for or against the existance of God.

When people try to force others to believe in what they do. They can't just voice their opinion and leave it alone, no. They have to continue to push it where it's not wanted and destroy any chance the people they mess with have of unbiasedly seeing their side of things.

We had an evangelical guy on campus the other day holding a sign that said, "You deserve hell". It made me so angry! You can't come at people like that and expect it to do anything but piss them off! He gives those of us who know the truth and the right way to approach people a bad name.

Source(s): Christian

i have no qualm with faith but religion believes that only the people who worship the way they do get into heaven. i pity the god that sends 5 billion of his children to hell because they picked the wrong prophet or religion. dont we all pray to just one god? why would he care how or when or if you fast or give something up for lent or pray in the direction of a rock so long as it is him you pray to? thats whats wrong with "religion", the sense that they are somehow chosen over all others. i say he chose us all, so love him in your own way.

• Matrix

I don't have a problem with most religions. Most have great moral lessons to live by. It's the people who follow and twist the religions that I dislike

Source(s): Not an Atheist and not religious.

When they reach their hands in the air while singing. It doesn't make any frigging sense. I'm waiting for the day where an angel picks up one of those guys or girls to take them to heaven, only to have the person begging to stay on the ground.