jay asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

The name of two movies?

I'm trying to find two movies but cannot remember their titles. The first I saw back in the 1980s, when I was a kid. It is a film about people who are attacked by animals. Something happens to the animals and they start attacking--Rats, dogs, wild cats, all sorts of animals. I recall very little from the film. I think at the end there is a raft with one or a few survivors.

The other movie I remember seeing in the 90s on TNT. It is a 3 part movie that deals with the supernatural. One part is about three friends who teased a guy into a fatal accident. His mom is a witch and places a curse on them. She says "listen carefully, you. Seven times around go the three of you. One by land, two by air..." The second part is about a man who picks up a girl hitchhiking by a bridge. He picks her up and takes her home. Apparently the girl was a ghost. The third part is about a scary growling kind of noise that comes out of a hole. This takes place out in the country. A group of men get together and one man volunteers to go in looking for his son ( I believe) and he comes out and is crazy--because of what he saw. Can anyone help? Thank you.

Favorite Answer

Day of the Animals (1977)?

aka Something Is Out There

starring Christopher George, Leslie Nielsen, Lynda Day George (Christopher George's wife), Richard Jaeckel, Michael Ansara, Ruth Roman, Jon Cedar, Paul Mantee, Andrew Stevens, Susan Backlinie (best known as Chrissie the first shark victim in "Jaws")

IMDb synopsis:

The depletion of Earth's ozone layer causes animals above the altitude of 5,000 feet to run amok, which is unfortunate for a group of hikers who get dropped off up there by helicopter just before the quarantine is announced.

IMDb review~~But, it's not a nice one:

Unlike most nature gone wild movies that focus on one deadly animal (snakes, spiders, small dogs wearing the cutest rat outfits), "Day of the Animals", like its predecessor "Frogs", throws every living creature at the cast. ... Rats and snakes are thrown at actors. A shirtless Leslie Nielsen gets attacked by a bear (rug, that is). Most laughably, the so-called attack dogs are downright lovable, complete with wagging tails.

NOTE: I don't clearly recall the attacks in the movies and suppose that review is a tad exaggerated. I included it because of your description ("Rats, dogs, wild cats, all sorts of animals...").

Here are some clips from the movie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNdDak7IOLs

Youtube thumbnail

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EzrlaN2dYw

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=related

Encounter with the Unknown (1973)

IMDb synopsis:

Narrated by Rod Serling, these three eerie tales are based on actual events re-enacted here. First, three college students play a prank on a geeky classmate, who is accidentally shot and killed. His vengeful mother forecasts the deaths of the three young men she holds responsible, on 7, 14, and 21 days hence. And, one by one, her grim predictions come true. Next, a ghoulish sound emanates from a mist-shrouded hole in the ground near where a Missouri boy has lost his dog. The boy's father is lowered into the hole and lets out an agonizing scream! Finally, a man returning home from a party finds a lost girl on a bridge and learns from her father that she died years earlier.

Here's Part 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xvtVgCYkIQ

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=PlayList&p=95B980CE02CC207D&index=0&playnext=1

• Anna

Sorry I can't recall the first but I know for a fact the second one is called labyrinth. it had David Bowie in it. and Jenifer Connelly. Great Movie!

i know there is a movie called "Dogs" it about when dogs attack,i am sorry if its not it I AM ONLY 9 YEARS OLD LOL!!!!

• srry idk