what are my chancing of being a cop?

im a little worried about not getting a job as a cop because everyone wants to do it and its very competitive, can you please give me a realistic view of my chances based on my qualifications and disadvantages? thank you..

qualficaitons.

fire fighter volunteer with the county

BS in administration of justice minor in IT

willing go travel to get the job i want

no drug history - i have never done drugs

no criminal history - never been arrested

do not drink and i never have

do not smoke and i never have

im going to be a volunteer cop (reserve officer program) before i apply for real cop

disadvantages.

one speeding ticket 43/25

family of criminals

have been fired from a couple jobs when i was like 16 or 17

Favorite Answer

Your chances are good if you improve your written communication skills. I understand what you are asking but the question has poor wording and punctuation.

If you can't write like an adult, you have zero chance of being a cop. I see all these people in here asking this question and they have the writing skills of a drunk monkey. You want to be taken seriously but you won't write like a person. Your chances are nil. Consider a position in the fast food industry, I think it's about the best you can do.

Ps And there's absolutely no way on earth you have a degree. No way. So lying isn't a good qualification either.

• SusiQ

Sounds good to me! You have a lot in your favor and you should be ok.

One thing though....are you sure this is what you want?

Law Enforcement requires a lot of report writing and you need to at least be able to spell.

Work on that, they will more than likely pay attention to it when you take the written test.

And also think that those reports that you are going to be writing, might end up in front of a judge and might even end up in the supreme court, (unlikely but possible) so make sure you know how to write well before anything else. :)

It's just constructive criticism, nothing else.

I don't see anything here that would disqualify you. They can not hold your family member's criminal records against you and the speeding ticket isn't huge.

Your advantages actually look pretty good, your college degree should help you score relatively well on the civil service exam, and the volunteer police officer time might count toward experience.

My advice ... take the test! If you don't get in at first, try again!

Learning how to properly phrase a sentence, and use punctuation would increase your chances.

Slim to none based on how you worded the question.

you should get the job