Which is worse? Non-voters or un-informed voters?

I'm thinking un-informed voters because they are easily swayed by shiny things. Non-voters keep their intelligence or stupidity to themselves.

So which is it?

BTW, informed would be doing your own research, like researching your candidate's voting history, NOT just believing everything MSNBC, CNN, FOX, or Jon Stewart tells you.

• LucySD
    Favorite Answer

If anyone actually believes there is such a thing as good about being uninformed then take a look at who they voted for president.

Excuse me you have you news media mixed up. It's the liberal news that reports what they want you to hear! That would be ABC NBC CBS CNN & MSNBC.

I know of only 2 commentators that actually looked at the policies and reported the facts. Lou Dobbs.....Glen Beck.

I'd rather have no one show up at the polls than to have 6 million show up and vote uninformed.

Source(s): myself

DEFINITELY un-informed voters. I say this because non-voters are doing exactly what you just said, they keep their mouths shut. Their not casting a vote doesn't hurt anyone besides themselves. Un-informed voters on the other hand are harming everyone when they cast an uneducated vote. Here's an example of what I mean. Every dem out there that voted for Obama cast uneducated votes. Why would I say this? Because they all took everything this newbie said at face value. "He's going to make more jobs, and turn the country green, and give everyone healthcare!!" SURE..... you know what? Maybe he will... BUT HOW is he going to accomplish all these things? Thats something the uneducated voters didn't think to ask. Because all of our taxes are going to get raised (even though he's simultaneously saying he'll give everyone tax cuts... RIGHT) and check out this new bailout plan! Yay! More free money for the government!! HELLO!!! Has anyone noticed that this country is in SO much debt that some of us are getting IOUs instead of tax returns this year?? Obama is NOT the right person for this job, but all of the uneducated voters didn't realize that. They just didn't like McCain because he's "just another round of Bush". Obama is SO focused on Changing everything that he doesn't realize its going to cost us, the uneducated voters, the non voters, and the Republicans, even more money. I'll take a non voter over an uneducated one anyday- because at least then we won't end up with jack asses like this guy leading our country.

Well, according to Republicans, a great deal of them did NOT vote this election. So I’m sure they would think that a non-voter is a bad thing. An uninformed voter is just that – uninformed, but that doesn’t mean that they don’t believe in what they are supporting. Besides, "uninformed" is a matter of opinion, in most cases. So at least they are trying… or voting based on what they believe. A non-voter is lazy, and is wasting a right that has been given to them.

I'd have to go with uninformed voters. Non-voters aren't negating any informed voters' votes, at least.

If you're just into bright, shiny things. . . can we give you a different "special" ballot? (Some people freely admit they don't know much about who they're voting for -- that's especially who I'd target.) Perhaps even a shiny one that keeps you occupied for a while so you enjoyed the experience. . . .

I'd have to say uninformed voters. Non-voters are bad, but then again, look at the fraud we have in the oval office right now.

I cant begin to count how many Obama supporters I've met who had no idea why they wanted to vote for him. When asked, I got a rant of nonsense with the words, "Bush" and "Change" mingled within...

I'd like to know what you classify as informed. The people listening to Hannity and Rush to tell them what to believe? Well, uninformed voters gave us two terms of Bush....so they are definitely dangerous.

I look at most Republicans as nearly braindead....informed with opinion, but no fact. Many Obama supporters are just as uninformed, but are less lockstep.....they know enough to see through the right wing BS, but buy enough of the mantras to fear an agenda that might help the workers....that might help themselves.

Really what it comes down to is that democracy is a joke and doomed to failure. Corporate money, monied interests and the power of the media have corrupted the system. The opiates of modern technology, the media and hectic lives are enough for people to worry about.

I think the informed ones that vote according to shiny things are the worse.....it is my opinion(no proof) that a lot of people that knew Obama did not have any experience to qualify him voted for him anyways for one of 3 reasons...1) to have the first black president...2) because he is so convincing...or 3) because they didn't like McCain....you have to remember Obama only got just over 50 % of the democratic vote in the primaries.......history has proven that when a party has been that closely split their candidate has lost the general election

• Panda

Uninformed by a landslide.

Nothing in my opinion is worse than people who vote based on what they hear in a commercial somewhere, or listen to what their friends say.

My family are amongst them. They are registered democrats, they do no research at all, they just check the box for the person who had the D after their name, thats it. If Hitler would have been running for office, my family would have voted for them, along with another huge majority of other D's.

Both are worse. Non-Voters may be some of the people who allowed Bush to get another 4yr term. It's more intelligent to vote, then not to vote. Un-informed voters usually end up voting for the wrong person. There were a LOT of these voters when Bush became President. lol!! They were either un-informed or just plain stupid. Your country is falling to pieces and the world hates your President, yet you vote for the same idtiot again? Really dumb.

there will always be both and to say one is worse won't solve anything. Fortunately, one small benefit to having boy george mess things up so badly is the fact that there were more votes cast this past election than in any other in our history. Uninformed or not, participation in the voting process is vital for a democracy to survive.