My cut on my finger is not healing.?

I cut my finger 3 weeks ago and it still hurts. It looks like it is not healing.....or at least it isn't healing very fast. I went to the doctor and got antibiotics, but they didn't seem to help much. I am wondering if it is the location of the cut. It is right on a finger joint. Can this make a difference?

Favorite Answer

The commonest cause for the Injuries over the joints to take longer time to heal, is the constant movement of the joint making the delicate cicatrix formed during healing to break when ever it tries to heal.

Other causes include diabetes, terminal arteritis, burgers disease(TAO), rheunauds syndrome etc.,.

Hence you may please see that the finger joint is not moved for some days for a quick healing or the wound.

However if the problem still persists please see your doctor.

Source(s): Physician
  • harty

Cuts Not Healing

Hi - yes it will make a difference as every time you bend your finger you will break the bond that has started to form between the skin that is the healing process beginning. It's difficult to keep your fingers straight enough so it may just take longer to heal and providing it is free of infection should heal well if you take care of it. If you wear a plaster during the day remember to take them off at night to let it breathe.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

My cut on my finger is not healing.?

I cut my finger 3 weeks ago and it still hurts. It looks like it is not healing.....or at least it isn't healing very fast. I went to the doctor and got antibiotics, but they didn't seem to help much. I am wondering if it is the location of the cut. It is right on a finger joint. Can...

Source(s): cut finger healing: https://shortly.im/vCL8Y

You don't want it to bend. Get a splint. Put fresh neosporin and a clean band aid on it everyday. At nights let it air out and wash it with soap and water. After 2 hours or so put another clean band aid and neosporin on again. You may have the HIV virus if it doesn't heal in a week. You should go back to the doctor, and don't wait too long.

That's probably the reason that your finger is not healing well, it's constantly moving. The antibiotics were to ward off infection, not aid healing. If you're really worried about it, go back to the doctor, don't rely on the answers that you get here. They just write anything to get two points, they don't care about helping.

Cutting your finger on a joint means every time you bend the finger the cut will open. Barbers and hairdressers often cut their fingers there. Try making a splint and sticking a plaster to it and covering the wound. Use a Lollypop stick and secure it. This allows the finger to remain straight therefore allowing the wound to remain closed.

OK what you need to do is put the antibiotics on the cut, then put a band-aid over the cut then wrap your whole finger with surgical tape (not to tight, but tight enough to keep your finger straight.) or if surgical tape isn't an option you could also use a splint of some kind. also make sure to change the bad-aid, antibiotic and tape everyday and wash it as well in between changes.

Nice name.

Yeah, you'll be rate. Probably just on the joint. Get some superglue and glue it shut (seriously, superglue was originally designed for abrasions in war), and that'll make sure it stays clean and doesn't open back up while it heals. As long as it's not green or infected, you'll be okay.

yes, see you use your finger joint constantly so the cut doesnt have that period to heal. It will but very slowly and painfully.