Why does there seem to be a conspicuous lack of news coverage of the war in Iraq since Obama took office?

It seems when Bush was in office, all we ever saw or heard was how horrible the situation was over there.

Favorite Answer

the violence "waned"since the surge which obama and the democrats were against.there is no coverage of the iraqi elections as well.when will the sheep wake up and realize they've been duped into electing a president with no answers.funny thing is the dems have been implementing gwb policies since they took office.just ask john kerry about his remarks on meet the press.he said the education bill just passed was offered by gwb in 2004.quit watching micheal moore and listening ms huffington.all these people including al gore drive s.u.v.'s.

I guess you missed a big chunk of the Iraq news while Bush was in office.

The SURGE worked - US troops led by Gen. David Petraeas saw peaceful streets in Iraq for at least 6 months before Obama took office.

Some Bush haters will try to credit Obama with the hard work done by the former administration. It might spin well - but we all know that Obama opposed the surge.

Source(s): On July 18, 2007, on the Today show, he said: My assessment is that the surge has not worked and we will not see a different report eight weeks from now. Obama

I asked this right after the election. Those who love free speech had it deleted. Why no news? That would in fact prove that Bush and the serge worked. Cant have that now can we? What I find so amazing is just before Nov. All I heard was bring the troops home and Obama saying he would just do that. Now these same people seem to be just fine with sending thousands more to fight and die in another useless place.

• JEFF S

Iraq has not been in the news for quite some time even when Bush was still president. Even Bush said, there has been so much success over there that the troops would be coming home in 2010. That is not far off.

It started long before Obama took office.

1. The war actually started going WELL. Remember if it bleeds, it leads.

2. The economy took the spotlight just in time for elections.

I didn't hear about what was happening in iraq when Bush was in office or while Obama is in office. No one wants us to know what's going on.

• kerans

confident. insurance of Iraq and Afghanistan has dropped off. In some methods, that's a good ingredient. related to Iraq, much less insurance is probable through lessening of violence occuring there. related to Afghanistan, much less insurance in basic terms skill the Obama's large decsion to deliver extra troops has been prevalent by utilising maximum individuals. it is likewise wintry climate, so it relatively is not "struggling with season" in Afghanistan.

There isn't, you're just seeing things that way.

I read the NYT every day and there's pretty much one story about Iraq a day. Over the last year or so, most have been positive.

Because the media tends to gravitate to the 'hot topic'.

Bailout funds is now the 'hot topic'

Because you are not paying attention pal. I see lots of news on Iraq, Both positive and negative.

When will Bushites quit whining?