What can I do, to get men to stop treating me like a bimbo?

I am 26. I'm currently trying to break into the music industry as a song-writer/artist/consultant. I have my Bachelors degree in Mass Communications/Print Journalism and have worked for a few magazines and newspapers. I currently work as an Administrative Assistant for a University as well. Okay, well---every... show more I am 26. I'm currently trying to break into the music industry as a song-writer/artist/consultant. I have my Bachelors degree in Mass Communications/Print Journalism and have worked for a few magazines and newspapers. I currently work as an Administrative Assistant for a University as well. Okay, well---every time I meet people who always happen to be men who are in the music industry---it's like getting through THICK RED tape just to get taken seriously. No, I don't dress provocatively. No I don't engage in sexual innuendo conversations. No I don't have dates with them or sleep with them. It's just the opposite. I present them with my goals/visions/work---yet they get mad when they realize I'm not interested in "getting it on" with them. This is becoming so FRUSTRATING...because I feel like, I have to "be this ditsy flirty" chick for men in the business/music world to take me seriously.
10 answers 10