Pain in lower left abdomen?

I've been having pain in the lower left part of my abdomen but it only occurs sometimes. When the oain is there, when I sneeze or cough I have to put pressure on it on it or will hurt severely it kind of feels like a balloon inflating when I sneeze/cough. I just got my period now and there is a dull constant... show more I've been having pain in the lower left part of my abdomen but it only occurs sometimes. When the oain is there, when I sneeze or cough I have to put pressure on it on it or will hurt severely it kind of feels like a balloon inflating when I sneeze/cough. I just got my period now and there is a dull constant pain there. This has been bothering me for a while but it has been particularly worse lately. I've also been having severe abdomen pain in the central area and not just the left. This also comes and goes and feels like cramping. It is so bad now that I have to stop what I'm doing because I'm doubled over in pain. I am going to see a doctor very soon but I just want to find out as much as I can. Thanks.
8 answers 8