LAWYERS: Is it illegal to send dirty clothes (soiled with body fluids) through the mail?

I see people selling such items on the internet all the time. Is this legal in the USA? Sources please, no guesses.

I mean that people sell soiled clothes to pervs on the internet. And the pervs pay big for it.

• T R
    Favorite Answer

I am not aware of any law that would prohibit someone from sending dirty clothes through the mail to someone who wanted to receive them, as long as they were packaged properly. I can't point you to a cite for the absence of such a law... but I am pretty saavy on legal research and cannot find anything that would outright prohibit it. (Nor is it apparent to me why it would be prohibited assuming the person receiving it wanted to receive it...)

Now it probably violates postal regulations to send unsolicited bodily fluids. See, for example this media mention of a prisoner who send his bodily fluids to the court clerk's office: http://www.bloglines.com/blog/PLL?id=11906 He is not being prosecuted, but because he is mentally ill, not because there is not an offense.

(BTW, it is not sexual harassment if the person wants to receive it AND, in any event, sexual harassment is not a crime, it is a form of sex discrimination in employment.)

• angry

If it poses a biohazard and it is not properly labeled than it is illegal. Otherwise, you can be a slob.

People wash these clothes, not good enough for you.

that could be considered sexual harassment