Would you support a stimulus bill with $142 billion in middle class tax cuts?

After all, that's what is in the current stimulus bill.

The stuff that's being singled out for criticism amounts to a tiny fraction of the bill—like anti-smoking programs that make up less than one-ten-thousandth of the spending.

http://www.ourfuture.org/blog-entry/2009020603/sta...

Favorite Answer

Well tax cuts are always good as long as they are going towards those that deserve it. Unlike the past 8 years, the tax cuts were not going to the middle class but to those that were the CEO's and those that did not need it. But the only concern I have is the amount "$142 billion". Sure tax cuts are good, but what that amount spells out is more national debt. I think this situation is a very hard one for the current administration. Obama has to make the tough decisions. Its either have a stimulus package worth 142 billion, or you let the economy correct itself, and that has shown from past history that it doesn't work. So I think we as a nation are in a tough situation either way. I am for a stimulus package as long as it creates more jobs, and strengthens the economy not weaken it. But we can all agree our economy became this way due to bad decision making amongst past leaders.

I really don't care as long as my tax dollars are being spent in America on services or goods that make life more comfortable in this country for citizens - it's fine with me.

I have accepted the fact that USG rakes in a lot of money every month and has to spend it somewhere. As long as it's not being spent on metal cans that explode, or being passed directly to the ultra rich - i am okay with it.

Health services, infrastructure, education... All perfectly acceptable methods to reinstate tax dollars into the economy.

• Yes - that sounds good.

So just get rid of the junk and pass that!

Oh so we should ignore frivilous spending because we MIGHT get something out of it? HELL NO