How to remove acne scars?

I've had acne since I was 9 years old. Now I'm 17, and much of my acne has cleared up. However, I have a lot of acne scars... while I plan to visit a dermatologist in the near future, is there anything else I can do to heal the scars up faster?

Please don't suggest makeup-- that doesn't help heal it. Also, I've tried lemon to lessen the appearance, and it didn't help.

I have fair skin, and tanning would only darken the scars-- plus it's not good for your skin. =/

Favorite Answer

I've used Mederma also, for a scar on my hand and it worked great in reducing the size of the scar.

A mixture of baking soda with a little water serves as a great at-home 'microdermabrasion' treatment you can use a couple times for the week.

I've also done a light Lactic Acid Facial Peel as part of an at-home regimen I got from Makeup Artist's Choice. I have sensitive skin and I can't take the stronger chemical peels, and this was the one suggested. It worked well to even out my complexion. So that's something you could consider.

Argan Oil is also said to be good for reducing acne scars, but it has to be high quality. It's relatively new on the Beauty Market, but it really feels good on the skin. AAA Shea Butter Company has a great Organic Virgin Cold Pressed Argan Oil, although it's a bit pricey.

Good Luck :)

1

Source(s): One Week Acne Cure - http://AcneAway.raiwi.com/?gFbu

Lemon dries your skin, so obviously that won't help.

Try burt's bee's blemish stick for about a week, and neosporin. I've found those to work very well. Also, rubbing a tomato slice over your skin and leaving the juice there for 10-15 minutes acts as a natural antioxidant and promotes new cell growth.

Hope this helps!

well if you think about it an acne scar is like a regular scar you can get any where else right, so i have had your same situation, my mom got me mederma scar cream and put it on my acne scars, it did so much for my scars, you can't even see the 2 i had on my cheek

it totally works, and in your situation the scars are years old, it still works no matter how old the scars are :)

Source(s): personal experience

i would suggest going to the tanner a for a few weeks this should clear up the scars quickly