Huh?
Huh? asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 decade ago

Can someone give me a heads up on us air force life?

I'm going to be joining the air force soon, and I was just wondering if someone could give me some advice. :)

Thanks for the info. guys :)

Favorite Answer

Pick something you can take back in the civilian world. That is the one thing I hear that they wished they had a job they could do in the real world. Keep a good attitude. Don't cause trouble. Study hard even if you don't think you can make rank. My husband made SSTG on the first try when most people didn't. Try to go overseas. This is a great opportunity to see the world. We've lived in Japan for four years and we are on our way to Germany. You can save more money overseas if your smart. Ask Questions. We realized too late we could have extra money coming in, but didn't know about some of the benefits that we could have. When it comes to benefits it is you ask first then they tell. AF is a great life.

Source(s): Grew up in the AF. Now an AF wife. Love it.

Air Force is a Better way of life. Enjoy it, stay away from negative people, take advantage of the opportunities it offers.

USAF Veteran

Go buy a good paint scraper. Find a flock of birds roosting in power lines above a parking lot or similarly paved surface. Scrape the bird **** off paved surface. Imagine yourself in Guam.

Training complete

Oh don't forget to eat some blueberry pancakes and muffins and get accustomed to living in nice hotel rooms.

• Lee

I loved every minute of it keep your head on during basic and tech school a lot of people get kicked out for stupid reasons most have three day weekends 9-5 mon-fri jobs it paid for all my college

Pretty windy. Be prepared to have your hair mussed almost everyday. But you will probably keep it short.

Also, its noisy and can be dangerous.

Try the Navy its low key.

I wanted to know the same