Has Obama's ever growing bailout plan (now approaching 1 Trillion dollars) nothing more than.......?

Welfare for the Rich? What about us?!? It seems like it's okay to be big business and screw everything up because the Feds will make it all go away. Meanwhile the tax payers (you and me), once again, get it shoved up our butts. What can we, the little people do to protect ourselves?

As John McCain has said, "This is not a stimulus bill, it's a spending bill." Your thoughts....please!

Favorite Answer

The bailout and the new stimulus package are two different things. How much did that stimulus cost us last summer? This current bill is a little better than the last one because there is the 800,000 jobs that it should create. But economic stimulus plans do nothing to actually stimulate the economy. What happened to all of those $600.00 checks last summer? Six hundred bucks is not enough to pick up the world market. I have a family of 5 so we got 2,100 dollars. What did I spend it on? I budgeted my increased heating costs with it. Yeah, sorry, I did not buy a big screen at the local Circuit City. In case some of you don't know, electric and gas go up in the cold months to subsidize the people that get subsidies for food, childcare, rent, and medical.

To show you where I come from, I do not rely on television ads to learn about my candidate. Therefore, I did not vote for either McCain or Obama. I voted for a candidate that I though would genuinely try to improve our country. With all that said, the bailout was not Obama's plan. It was a bi-partisan plan (one of the few) intended to get the banks to increase lending. That bailout was approved by Bush and everyone else. I think that Obama is doing the right thing by limiting compensation to the crooks that are getting bailout money.

What can we do? In the old days we would have revolted. Our forefathers are turning in their graves. They are wondering why we have become a nation of sheep. We do whatever elected officials tell us. What we need to do is stop voting for the democrats and republicans. Vote Libertarian, Independent, American Reform, Constitutional, or even USMJP. Get the crooks out and give the government back to where it belongs - We the People.

This so called Stimulus Bill is pure unadulterated BS. GM, Ford, Chrysler should be allowed to go down the drain. The jobs they provide will be picked up the the other car makers here in the US. The deadwood, and there are lots of them because of the UAW union will be weeded out. Yes there will be some lose of jobs. SO WHAT, that happens all the time. Let the airlines go down the same tube along with the Wall Street crooks. Madoff should be put in jail and all his assets along with his families assets be confiscated. I could go on and on, but you know where I'm coming from.

I know it sounds odd coming from a Canadian like me, but I don't like any government action that interferes with free market capitalism. I know it seems like a national nightmare with the economy in freefall and these huge companies closing up shop, but that's what happens in a free market. Any interference, no matter how well-intended, tends to have a negative effect.

If any amount of money was going to be spent on stimulus, it should have gone to the lower and middle classes. The goal there would be to have them spend that money, thus helping the market in a more traditional and effective way.....anyway, congrats on electing a Socialist president. Soon I'll have a hard time telling the difference between our countries!

• ?

Conservatives got us in this mess because they began to thank and be like liberals now the liberals are in charge so it can only get worse. Obama has lesson to and put in charge the very ones that have caused this mess in the first place, that shows incompetence.

I think it's just one massive pork barrel spending bill. I don't think it will help in the long run.

GREAT ANSWER PAPPA POOPY. YOUR MY PICK FOR BEST ANSWER.

COULDN'T HAVE SAID IT BETTER MYSELF.

this is a very good point.