Tiiame asked in PetsOther - Pets · 1 decade ago

What kind of frog do i have?:S?

My frog is kinda "see-through-pink" and about 3-4 cm long.. does anyone know what kind of frog it can be? My uncle gave it to me together with a brown frog who was a little smaller.. the brown one is dead now, but the pink one i've had for about 7 years i think and it eats normal fish food:P anyone know anything?

Favorite Answer

Is it fully aquatic? It could be an albino African clawed frog...that's just a guess, though, based on their popularity. They're sold as "Grow a Frog"s sometimes, and lots of chain pet stores stock them. They also come in a natural coloration, which is why you had a brown one and an albino.

Here's a site with info and pictures:

http://clawedfrogs.tripod.com/

You'll be able to ID your frog based on the pictures and get some care tips, too.

You might want to vary its diet a bit - I have a pair of ACFs and they eat a combination of "aquatic frog pellets" and frozen brine shrimp, daphnia, and bloodworms...sometimes the gel-packed ones, too. The fish food is clearly working if you've kept the frog healthy for so long, but he might appreciate some variety!

Sounds like he's an albino.I have had several-they are much more aggressive than the brown or green ones.But cute as ever!!

Source(s): pet lover!