Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

Should Geithner STEP DOWN as Secretary of Treasury?

SInce two other cabinet choices stepped down for this reason, shouldn't the man in charge of taxes be asked to also step down considering he too cheated on them after being warned not to cheat by his own accountant?

Update:

Harkin questioned how Geithner could have been repeatedly warned that he had to pay the taxes "and still somehow innocently overlook his obligation." And Feingold said that a nominee who would oversee the Internal Revenue Service "must meet a higher standard than a failure to establish they deliberately evaded their tax liability."

http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=MTJiNGIxY...

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

geithner didn't just "forget" to pay his taxes,he signed tax statements and was sent checks to cover the amounts,instead he pocketed the money and said f--k you to the I.R.S.,so saying he "innocently overlooked" it is a lie and both he and Obama expect us to swallow it,and obie picking him as head of the treasury is a slap in the face to every U.S. taxpayers.He needs to step down NOW (and so does Geithner)

• Joan J
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

We do not know all the details, each case is different and must be handled in such a way. If Hillary Clinton passed the test (with her baggage) I fail to see the difference, no one is perfect if so the House and Senate would be nearly vacant.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

" There can not be two sets of rules"

President Obama

If Obama believes his own words Geithner should be forced to resign

• 1 decade ago

the libs will never force him out. they feel that the end justifies the means. integrity is no longer a requirement as we can obviously see with barry o

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes he should.

And the Republican Senators who voted to confirm him should be voted out of office.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

YES if he has any conscience he will do just this but I suspect he is far too selfish!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

he needs to step on down to the cinderblock hotel.

• 1 decade ago

No. I like him. I think I might get a refund this year.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.