Are hotels.co.uk a reliable company to book hotels through online?

I'm looking to book a hotel for 3 nights in Paris, and while searching for some reviews on sites like tripadvisor.com have found some comments suggesting that hotels booked through the company never received the payment/booking and there have been major problems with reservations. Is this common, and have other... show more I'm looking to book a hotel for 3 nights in Paris, and while searching for some reviews on sites like tripadvisor.com have found some comments suggesting that hotels booked through the company never received the payment/booking and there have been major problems with reservations. Is this common, and have other people had similar experiences? Or does anyone use their service regularly and find them to be fine? Also, I also read somewhere that the price that is shown next to the hotels on the search results isn't the final price and that a 25% surcharge is applied? Is that true? Thank you!