Someone tell me what would happen to Pat Knight and Michael Phelps had they been black. Please tell me!!!?

Pat Knight is the head coach for Texas Tech Men's Basketball Team who rushed the referees twice, and of course Michael Phelps is an American Olympic swimmer who was busted once for DUI (under the age of 21) and was recently busted smoking Marijuana. However Phelps lost no deals or endorsements.

14 Answers

Relevance
  • J
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

I believe that the media would have criticized their behaviour more heavily because they are black. The reality is, people of colour are one group that experience marginalization in society because of their race/ethnicity. Therefore, the media would be all over those stories waaaaay more if they were black instead of white.

They would have lost some endorsements and would have to work extra hard in order to win the respect of the public all over again. With the Phelps story, some new outlets view this story as somewhat humourous; that would not be the case if Phelps was black.

The truth is, white people still dominate our society whether some people would like to admit it or not.

Just because Obama is president; doesn't mean that racism within our society has suddenly disappeared.

...and that is my two cents. :P

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Pat Knight-Life in Jail

Michael Phelps-Death Penalty

• 1 decade ago

Actually Michael Phelps lost his endorsement from Kelloggs. But it doesn't make a difference what color your skin is. At least not in these situations.

• 3 years ago

He could have been in plenty greater difficulty and lost all of his endorsement deals, no longer in straightforward terms one. Take Michael Vick, he's a time-honored time criminal and that they threw the e book at him for some canines! canines! i'm able to get much less time killing a human. Black human beings are great at golfing, basketball, soccer, baseball, run the loose worldwide, so which you will have your little previous Swimming, lol.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Chorus
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

well Phelps wouldnt be a swimmer. and even if he was he wouldant be a great one. african americans have a greater muscle/fat ratio than caucasians, and it is fat that floats that is why you v v v rarely see an african american pro swimmer, whites have the advantage with a greater proportion of their bodies being fat, and why you v v v rarely see a caucasian pro runner. and from what im hearing hes on the verge of losing a number of endorsements

dont know who Pat Knight is and dont care.

• 1 decade ago

They wouldve took all his endorsements away and disgraced him, and maybe even took his medals

Doing drugs being an olympic athlete is FAR worse than doing drugs in the NBA or NFL... think about it...you're representing the best your country has to offer, and you're supposed to be America's golden boy.... How sad....

• 1 decade ago

If they were black, they'd probably get pretty much the same treatment. But all the internet blogs and message boards would be filled with a bunch of racist comments.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

They would have been give a welfare check and a excuse to fail "is cause i'm black man"!

• You don't get it, black people get off easier these days because people in the media don't want to appear racist.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Dey wuld have moooooved it, BOUNCED it, Shaked it!! and Moooooved it.

Source(s): MOOOOOOve.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.