Christians, Was Jesus omniscient?

Jesus is supposed to be of one substance with the Father. That would seem to imply that Jesus shared all of the powers of the Father. If you attribute omniscience to the father then Jesus should have been omniscient. In fact, Jesus does appear omniscient at times. he foretells peter's denial, for example, and... show more Jesus is supposed to be of one substance with the Father. That would seem to imply that Jesus shared all of the powers of the Father. If you attribute omniscience to the father then Jesus should have been omniscient. In fact, Jesus does appear omniscient at times. he foretells peter's denial, for example, and He challenges the group that were going to stone the prostitute by writing in the sand (presumably listing their shortcomings).

So here are my two questions. Why did Jesus say, in Mark 13:32, of the end of the world...

"But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, NOR THE SON, but the Father alone."

Question 2...Can you only be a little omniscient? Jesus knew about Peter's denial but apparently doesn't know the time of the end of the world. I've heard it claimed that Jesus was able to isolate himself from knowing everything. Isn't this a load since if you have the power of omniscience for even a millisecond, then you should know everything. Was Jesus lying then about not knowing when the end would come?
Update: Dolores, fine, but you didn't address the instances of Jesus' foreknowledge of events, of which I gave 2 examples.
13 answers 13