former us navy DEP-er, will AF take me?

hello yahoo

about a year ago i enlisted in the navy DEP in the middle of my senior year in high school. i was in the program for 4 months, my ship day was august 27.. i was going in as a network CT or submarine ET

anyways i went to meps 2 times ( had to go 2 times because in my urine sample i had excess protein from a bodybuilding diet, and they thought something was wrong with me )

i got through all that with no problems... i scored a 87 on the asvab

in the summer i told my recruiter i am dropping out and there is no way they will get me back. i thanked him for his time and his efforts. i decided that i wanted to go to community college for 2 years and see if that was what i wanted to do.. but i tried that for a semester and its not what i was expecting.

now i am looking into the air force for real this time, and i want to leave as soon as possible

does this DQ me? it was just DEP.. right? i quit it in early june, 3 months before i was supposed to be shipped.

Best Answer

It doesn't DQ you at all. You may have to get a waiver if you decide to go Navy but the Air Force shouldn't be a problem. Best bet is to go to the Air Force and talk to them. I know there is a lot of competition for jobs in the Air Force so it may be harder to get the ones you want.

If you decide to go Navy, I would go to a completely different recruiter.

Source(s): Former Navy
  • holly

It doesn't DQ you. I'm wondering what's going to happen with 6 months in the military when you decide it's not for you.

Before deciding on any branch, get your **** together and DECIDE if it's what you want and stick with it.