If you watch Death Note....?

Is it good? What is it about? I need some new anime to watch and i heard death note is good.

Best Answer

Hey ~Skater~. :)

Yes Death Note is one of the better anime shows out there and it's highly worth watching it, it requires some thinking and also has alot of comedy and suspense in it aswell. I would highly suggest it if you haven't watched it or read it yet!

Here's some information about Death Note for you.

-Plot:

Light Yagami is an extremely intelligent young man who resents the crime and corruption in the world. His life undergoes a drastic change when he discovers a mysterious notebook, known as the "Death Note", lying on the ground. The Death Note's instructions claim that if a human's name is written within it, that person shall die. Light is initially skeptical of the notebook's authenticity, but after experimenting with it, Light realizes that the Death Note is real. After meeting with the previous owner of the Death Note, a shinigami named Ryuk, Light seeks to become "the God of the New World" by passing his keen judgment on those he deems to be evil or who get in his way. A shinigami's Death Note is a notebook that can kill any human whose name is written in it. All Death Notes are governed by the same set of rules determining the extents and limitations of the Notes' powers.

Soon, the number of inexplicable deaths of reported criminals catches the attention of the International Police Organization and a mysterious detective known only as "L". L quickly learns that the serial killer, dubbed by the public as "Kira" (derived from the Japanese pronunciation of the word "killer"), is located in Japan. L also concludes that Kira can kill people without laying a finger on them. Light realizes that L will be his greatest nemesis, and a game of psychological cat and mouse between the two begins.

-Main Characters:

Light Yagami

The main character of Death Note, Light is an extremely intelligent but bored 17-year old student. When he finds the Death Note, dropped in the human world by the shinigami Ryuk, he decides to use it to kill all criminals and earns the title Kira. His ultimate goal is to cleanse the world of evil to create a world without criminals and then reign over this new world as its "god."

L

The primary antagonist of the series, L is the world's top-rated detective and tasked with tracking down and arresting Kira. As such, he is Light's arch-enemy. He often takes drastic strategies to confuse and force the hand of his opponents, and his disheveled appearance disguises his brilliance. He enjoys sugar, and in nearly every scene including him, he is found eating cake or confectionery and drinking highly sweetened tea.

Misa Amane

A girl with an immense crush on Kira, Misa is a popular Japanese idol. She is immature and tends to refer to herself in the third person in an attempt to be cute. She is completely devoted to Light, saying that she loved him at first sight, although the feeling is hardly mutual- since Light merely views her as a rather annoying asset

If you want to watch Death Note for free, and with high quality video go to the link below. It's a pretty good site for watching anime shows.

http://www.rawranime.com/category/18/

I hope I helped you out and have a good day!

Source(s): Personal Opinion. Experience.

I love Death Note. I watched all 37 episodes in 2 days!

• Stacy

well, it depends on your intelligence. death note is very very detailed anime/manga and requires carefull examination. I watched it when I was 13 and rewatched it when i was 14. I saw everything from whole new point of view. I think that 14 is good enough. yes, it has dark theme and is psychological, but that is exactly what makes it so unique. Death note is a "MUST WATCH" anime. there are certain people who dislike death note, but only reason why they disliked is, because they couldn't understand it and death note got them confused and made their brain hurt. so if you think your brain is smart enough for it, then you'll experience one of the best moments of your life

Others have provided a summary of the anime, but I will add another opinion and say it is absolutely amazing! I watched it months ago and I still can't seem to get over my love for the anime and the manga, which I am currently reading. If you watch it and are obsessed, then read the manga too! I just love some of Light's reactions and expressions.

Oh last but not least make sure you watch subs not dubs. The sub is actually ok for this one but subs are ALWAYS better.

L FOR LIFE!

Death Note is very good and for a more mature audience.

It is about a young college/university student who excels in everything he does. Top of his class and all that. One day, he finds this notebook called a Death Note. He picks it up and finds mulitple rules written inside. The Death Note kills any human whose name is written in it, is the main rule. Of course, Light Yagami (the student) doesn't quite believe this so he has to try it out himself - it works the first time, on a criminal, who ended up with a heart attack. He does the same to another criminal just to insure that the Death Note actually works, which it does. He plans to destroy all criminals with this new power, and create a heaven on earth.

The Death Note came from the realm of shinigami (Death Gods), and the Death God who dropped it, Ryuk, had done so to amuse himself. Ryuk then has to stay with Light during the time he is the owner of the Death Note.

Of course, Light can't get away with killing criminals - the FBI and the Japanese want to be rid of this newly found 'Kira' and plan to capture him. Of course, Light being as intelligent as he is, it is very difficult, so they assign L to the case, another genius. Who will win? Kira or L? Read or watch to find out. It's definitely worth it.

Death Note is a suspended thrillers all over the anime. Such as he fine a notebook that literally say Death Note. He looked in the first page of it and the rules of the death note.

The protagonist was to kill all the criminal in the area. And event of killings of the criminals lead to the legendary detective L. Takes on the task.

He becomes the new god of the new era. After near the ending of the anime it self.

NO SPOILERS!!!!

It was a good show, but I didn't like the ending. My friend did though, so I guess it's all a matter of opinion.

The story starts out with a boy, Light Yagami, who finds a shinigami's (death god's) notebook. If you write someone's name in the notebook that person will die. Light uses the notebook to kill criminals in order to purge the world of evil do-ers and become the God of a new era. Most of the show is about how the police tries to find Light, known to the public as Kira, who is in fact the son of one of the head cops and an extremely intelligent person.

death note is really awesome and i agree that the ending wasnt that great but oh well what can you do.

You should also watch:

Blood+

Gintama

Lovely Complex

Bleach

Cardcaptors Sakura

Vampire knight

Tsubasa resevoir Chronicles

Stigma

Elfen Lied

Death Note is good

A lot of psychological events happen. It would be considered a mature manga instead of shonen.

• Gaara

OMG it is amazing! It is about a boy called light who finds a notebook (called death note) on the floor. He can write peoples names in them and they die. He can choose how they die and what they do before they die. I can't say too much though because i don't want to give anything away =)