casey s asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 1 decade ago

What happens each time I go up a level in Yahoo answers?

When I went to level 2 they gave me some swag, a screen saver. If I get to level 100 do I get a car? Is there any more swag for questions answered? Just curious I don't really think I will get a car or get rich.

There are people with 100,00 points how long have they been at this?

Favorite Answer

Hi Casey!

I'm new at this myself however I think it is (with out wanting to sound to fuzzy!) about the process. I don't advise this however, I have made my profile transparent my IM and email address are readily available and I haven't received any "hater mail so far".

It's the process of your choice of answers and the research your experience and abilities can bring to the table. The use of spell check, grammar function, wikipedia, (not the most accurate, however).

The point is "the process" of research, communicating an idea in a short amount of time and the bonus is maybe just maybe you've actually chosen a question where someone actually needs and will appreciate the information and the effort shown by someone that they will probably not meet in this life time.

Have to admit having to hold back from becoming mean spirited and taking a "Flame Thrower" to some of the people asking irrelevant questions.

So, I wouldn't hold my breath for that Lexus swag from Yahoo, just download the screen saver and take what you can get from the experience.

My grammer ,punctuation and spelling are so in need of help. I'm trying to use my window word\ cut and paste after completing an answer from now on! I think you become lazy when you see how low the bar is on some of the Q&A's, there is no reason for it with all this tech at your fingertips, it is what is referred to in life as "The Peter Princple". Look that up on Wikipedia and it will have you looking at all the professionals you deal with on a daily bases with a whole different attitude, espeacially doctor's who may be affected by it.

Down loaded this little tid bit from Wikipedia for myself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_interaction_in...

Cut and pasted from top contributor "Awsome" didn't know you could do that? YOU CASEY! SEE MORE OF THE PROCESS; Laughing out Loud!

Plagerisum is only so if you don't give credit to those who did the research, I think?

Ref: "Awsome" Top Yahoo Contributor!

answer your limit of questions each day (2 points each)

get an answer selected as best answer (10 points each)

pick a best answer for your question (3 points)

vote your limit of unresolved questions each day (1 point each)

you also get a point a day for signing in

each question costs 5 points, so ask sparingly

:o)

This is just for fun. You will not get any material thing.

Every time you go up you can participate more. What I do, is that I help people in the category I'm a top contributor at because I know a lot about Facebook. Usually I don't visit other categories.

I would have 100K points too because in my old account I was like 12 hours a day here but not now... I really don't care about points. I prefer to have few points but: Help people with what I know and being a top contributor (the Top Contributor bade is wonderful!)

• No prizes, no cash, just the warm toasty feeling you get from helping people.

There are 7 levels to Y!A. Level 7 starts at 25,000 points. It's been acheived in less than a month, but the average is 4 - 6 months. I reached it in 11 weeks.

All levels can pick a best answer to questions they ask and can vote for best answer on others' undecided questions. Once you hit level 2 & get the ability to 'rate', the only difference in the levels is the daily limits on questions, answers, comments, votes, etc.

Levels 2 and up can 'rate' the answers of other Y!A users. Rating = giving Thumbs Up & Down to express your opinion of other peoples' answers. No points are involved (unless a best answer has TUs, then they get 1 point for each TU up to 50) in rating, and thumbs do not determine the Best Answer selection.

Hints:

:o)

http://answers.yahoo.co m/info/scoring_system;_ylt=Aplad92Pq_Flp8BzEp_H7RLpy6IX;_ylv=3

Funny.

I dont know if i ll ever get to Top Contributor because I visit a lot of different categories and contribute to several, mostly health though.

Hopefully you will get a feeling of satisfaction knowing people who didn t know where to turn or didn t have anyone to turn to for help have received from you.

Also karma will catch up to you in the appropriate time.

You will have a need.

You will get help.

See getgoodkarma.org

I feel useful, and hopefully you do too.

My life is improved by the contact and advice and humor of others.

Continue opening your heart

The world is better with warmth like yours in it

lol You get a load of points that are worth nothing and a pat on the back. There are only 7 levels, then the points just keep accumulating into oblion or some dope deletes your account. It's all part of the site.