Is soy bad for your health?

When I first went veg@n I ate a lot of soy and I had been having many weight fluctuations. Now, I have cut soy out of my diet almost completely and I seem to be losing weight. I am not trying to bash soy because I love tofu, but i'm a little confused as to why soy would be the alleged culprit? Any thoughts as... show more When I first went veg@n I ate a lot of soy and I had been having many weight fluctuations. Now, I have cut soy out of my diet almost completely and I seem to be losing weight. I am not trying to bash soy because I love tofu, but i'm a little confused as to why soy would be the alleged culprit? Any thoughts as to why?
Update: Actually Ray P I have found a product to replace tofu with, protein wise. I eat seitan (wheat gluten) and I have been and always will be drinking rice milk. And although I don't eat things like tofu and stuff I do eat TVP sometimes.
Update 2: I always ate organic tofu, if that matters at all.