What does the term "Pigeons from Hell" refer to?

I know that it is a book By Robert E. Howard and part of the lyrics to "Back on the Chain Gang" by The Pretenders, but what does it mean?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • holly
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

"Pigeons from Hell" is a short story by Robert E. Howard, first published by Weird Tales in 1938. In 1983, Stephen King, in Danse Macabre, called Pigeons from Hell "One of the finest horror stories of our century."

Pigeons from Hell is a Southern Gothic tale of an abandoned house, where pigeons gather after dark.

• soffer
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Pigeons From Hell

• 4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

What does the term "Pigeons from Hell" refer to?

I know that it is a book By Robert E. Howard and part of the lyrics to "Back on the Chain Gang" by The Pretenders, but what does it mean?

Source(s): term quot pigeons hell quot refer to: https://shortly.im/ekXmF
  • 1 decade ago

Presumably the lyrics in that song by The Pretenders refer to the book, which is about an abandoned house, where spooky pigeons go in the night.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Linda
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

The whole issue of racism is nonsense. Yanks - Americans, Limeys - Brits. Taffy - Welsh, Jock - Scots, Aussie - Australians, Paddy - Irish. These are terms commonly used and no one takes offence. Some races however take offence at nicknames given to them and start throwing the race card around. Personally I think it's just a sign of insecurity.

• 1 decade ago

Pigeons are bad enough as it is, but if they were satan's minions, they now have the mind to do mayhem and harm

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.