Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

A question to Athiests, Whats your view of Possession, Evil spiritual entities , Jinns, Demons?

I know Athiests dont believe anything till science plays its part, but this currently happens in many parts of the world. Many people get possessed. What are your answers on this particular topic? Good answers please, people from all faiths can also answer this question?

• Thalia
    Best Answer

Possessed by demons? Thats just primitive people in the really backward parts of the world talking about schizophrenia (a mental disorder characterised by delusions) and epilepsy (severe spasms).

Atheists have nothing to do with science. Atheism is just a lack of belief in gods and atheists aren't sitting around waiting for scientists to do stuff all day.

I don't think people get possessed and I don't have any real view of the things you mentioned, other than that a vague interest of them as fictional characters.

Harriet

Possession, evil spirtual entities, jinns, and demons are all a bunch of crap. They don't exist. They are imaginary. Most people who think they were "possessed" are actually just mentally ill. Others may have been drugged, or what have you.

InshaAllah I would rather deal with the human world any day. I have no issues with the djinn. I don't care about demons because I want them out of my way anyway. can angels are made to be completely submissive to God. Alhumdulillah human beings are my only concern at the present time. Allah mean me no harm. its people who have guns and Prejudice and hatred to each other. think about that 1 for a moment

Possession, evil spiritual entities, jinns, demons: RIDICULOUS.

Remember: There is no reason to resort to the supernatural, when a NATURAL explanation will suffice.

I dont believe in god - but that doesnt mean I dont believe in anything other than whats been proven! I believe in good and evil - I think you can find that in people. And I would like to think there may well be something spiritually unknown, I just dont think that its any sort of god or supreme being. I dont believe in possesions though. . .that implies a belief that something further exists for us after death, which I dont.

I don't believe in the existence of anything supernatural - no demons, no spirits, no possessions, no fairies, no pixies, no Father Christmas, no gods, no heaven, no hell.

They are all in people's heads.

It's not that I expect science to answer all questions - that's not the point. Supernatural is exactly that - above and beyond nature, and therefore non existent.

Source(s): Atheist

I find beliefs in such nonsense to be harmful.

An 8-year-old autistic boy died at a prayer service where church members tried to heal him of "spirits"

http://www.cnn.com/2003/LAW/08/25/autistic.boy.dea...

Superstitious and religious people can work themselves up into a delirious lather.

Worse still, they have targeted (and continue to target) learning disabled or mentally ill children or adults.

There are biological, (neurological) and psychological reasons for mental illness. 'Jinns' and 'Demons' are primitive superstitions.

Religious hysteria is not a good thing.

Source(s): 10 years teaching learning disabled and emotionally disturbed individuals.

i believe in the probabilaity of bad energy or spirits

not devils, demons, religious wise, but energy wise

i believe plenty things that science doesnt "play a part in"

not all atheists are void of spirituality

As an epileptic, I see "possession" as the brain's reaction to a certain trigger.

Science played it's part in my "possession" and found it wasn't the devil, it was a brain tumour. In less enlightened times I could've been put to death by the church.