I am hurry!!! Thank you!!!!
yeah....my question is not clear enough.....
I need to know 華人對美文化方面的影響.....
Thank you very much!!!
- MissLuLuLv 51 decade agoFavorite Answer
1. Chinese food.
2. Laundrymats. People can finally have their clothes professionally cleaned without paying a fortune.
3. They raised the bars on university admission requirement
4. Cheap labour for building the pacific railroads. Who else would hold the dynamine?
5. Petite size clothing.
6. Language skills necessary for doing business with China.
7. Good saving rate & habbit - someone has to save in the U.S.A.
8. Jacked up real estate pricing
2009-02-04 10:17:53 補充：
I think reading these two web pages would help:
2009-02-04 10:24:35 補充：
I think the notable ones are seriously (not in order): 1. Chinese character (esp. in tattoos), 2. Kong-fu, 3. Chinese food (notice in most movies the take-out food is Chinese?), 4. Chinese dress (chong-san),
2009-02-04 10:24:39 補充：
5. Ni-hao-ma, 6. Chinese actors/actresses in Hollywood movies, 7. Racial jokes on Chinese accent and strict parenting, etc.
2009-02-04 10:29:09 補充：
So as you can see, the influences tend to be on the superficial side. This is not only because Chinese is still minority in the U.S., but also our social culture is kind of boring. It's true - let's face it. Indians at least have their cool music and good sense of humor.
2009-02-04 10:31:20 補充：
Our music is blah, too conservative to be very humourous, no beach babes. We don't drink enough to have a drunken bar brawls; can't dance...I am just saying these are the stereotypes and on average kind of true...Hope this helps.
- Anonymous5 years ago