Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

Is it better to go into a steam room before or after you work out, also would a sauna be better?

I've always just worked out then had a shower and gone home, but some of my friends say they go into the steam room after because it relaxes your muscles, but some do it before hand. And would a sauna have more benifits than a steam room? Thanks alot for your help!

Favorite Answer

Steam room and sauna have the same affects.

I would go after, just make sure after your workout your get your protein and dextrose for proper recovery.

Nutrition comes first! then you can worry about hitting up the sauna.

If you have problems eating/drinking your protein and being in a hot setting then avoid the sauna!

The sauna will relax your muscles, and help recovery.

Just remember nothing beats recovery from a hard workout than a proper post workout meal, and a good nights sleep.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): steam room work sauna better: https://shortly.im/aEWf5

Steam Room After Workout

• This isn't a simple question. If you plan on doing only weight training, go into the steam room BEFORE working out. This heats your muscles (preventing injury), and raises your heart rate so you can be more productive. If you are doing mostly cardio you want to STRETCH BEFORE and go into the steam room AFTER you finish to maintain your heart rate and relax the muscles with heat. If you don't use the steam room, then stretch AFTER as well.

As for the sauna... it draws oils out, the steam room draws water out. If you go into a sauna, and you are wet, you will soon become dry and - after a bit - see your skin begin to glisten. I usually drape a wet towell over my head in the sauna because it hurts my sinus cavity. Usually the sauna is good if you swim.

Source(s): former pe teacher

When out at a restaurant, ask the server to hold on to the bread, snack mix or chips and salsa which may come before the meal. For anyone who is hungry, you'll be tempted.

Use a dash of cinnamon to offer fruits such as bananas as well as melons a richer dessert feel without worrying about sugar.

A pedometer can help monitor your steps. If you're definitely not getting 10, 000 steps each day, you're not moving enough.

• Kewi

I always liked going after wards, idk to me if felt nice because it did relax you after working out .. it got everything out of your pours too which is nice.

Then I would just shower off after that (you will want to shower after being in a steam room for sure!)

A pedometer can help account for your steps. If you're not really getting 10, 000 steps every day, you're not moving enough.

Add red pepper flakes in your pantry. When eaten early from the day, red pepper lowers the number of food you'll eat later.