What happens if you accidentally take a double-dose of Prozac one day?

This may have happened to me today, as I am a bit confused as to whether I've taken mine at breakfast time or not. So I took another two.

Has anyone experienced what it's like to take a double-dose once?

Favorite Answer

I accidentally took an extra pill of effexor once. Called the doctor but they said it wasn't a big deal as long as I was feeling okay, because the amount wasn't enough to overdose. As long as your dosage isn't extremely high, you shouldn't risk any chances of overdosage either. But you should call the doctor if you start to feel unwell.

• Diane

These drugs work by keeping more serotonin in the brain. They take 4 to 6 weeks to work. Taking a higher dose for one day will have no effect. Anti-depressants are not like anxiety pills where you take one to feel better. They are to be taken daily or they will not work.

well Do u feel an effect on your condition? If its bad must go to the doctor, if not its good for u. You should make sure that u do not risk any harm.

schon wieder???