Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

What are your thoughts on faith and logic?

• pogue
    Favorite Answer

*sits in corner, rocking back and forth*

• LG

Faith: All we have are varying degrees of faith in things. No such thing as proof in my opinion, just evidence.

Logic: A tool to look at things in different ways and expose truths that may not have been apparent by just looking at data.

Any logical conclusion is only as good as premises it starts with. A valid argument can be made from false or faulty premises which will yield a false/faulty conclusion. And we have no premises which are absolutely true except for ones we define such as 1 inch = 25.4mm. So any logical conclusion has varying degrees of shakiness depending on how much faith we have in the premises.

Just my opinion. Not the word of god or anything like that. LOL.

Faith = Beliefs

Logic = Facts

• JC

Faith is based on belief and has nothing to do with science or logic.

Logic is based on fact and rigid discipline. It's often expressed in simple formula that proves truth, such as:

If A is B, and if B is C, then A is C.

If Persians are cats, and if Cats are mammals, then Persians are mammals.

That logical statement is true.

Logic is a tool.

Faith is what helps you believe that logic is an effective tool.

One and the same. If you think about life logically, you will come to the conclusion that all meaning in life is culturally derived, and there is no point in worrying about it. If you have faith that life has meaning, there is still no point in worrying about it.

p.s. I laugh when atheists say they have "logic" and not "faith." They sure have a lot of faith that they have logic and that their logic is correct. LOL! That said, nothing like faulty logic to make YA! interesting, and some atheists bring it on as good as the most right-wing fundie.

I actually have lived an comprehensive existence. i have performed song and drank for years and not in any respect felt fulfilled. In 1985 i changed into married, lived in a good domicile and changed into so inebriated and depressing a good form of the time, I had in hardship-free words one concern one my recommendations and that changed into committing suicide. I had no worry of lack of existence, i presumed lack of existence changed into the logical determination when you consider that i changed into so depressing. I hung myself and changed into resuscitated and nonetheless did not substitute my existence after this failed attempt. I then began popping up, steroids, were given in touch interior the scuffling with considered, some thing to deliver fulfillment. i eventually went to church with my spouse in 1994 and after a lengthy time period my existence began taking on new meaning. God began beginning up my eyes to the reality in His be conscious, the Bible. He has allowed me to experience His love and higher my faith in Him and His tremendous like to the point i want really everyone to have this excitement in me. faith over good judgment, any day. EDIT: when you consider that that aspect my spouse and that i have raised numerous little ones, 2 are our nephews from a damaged domicile. All play instruments and are truthful to church. the alternative i presumed logical, fantastically a lot value me a existence of excitement I actually have in my little ones and my father and mother a existence of grief over a son who committed suicide.

I wish they would use the cat litter tray less, and be nicer to the dog

and stop using the table as a scratching post, and why bite the head of birds . nothing else comes to mind

I have faith that I can be logical.

Faith has nothing to do with logic...

Source(s): "Without geometry, life is pointless."

Oxymoronic.