Question regarding the "in-gathering" of the Jews?

I've heard this many times as a Christian but......not totally sure of how to explain it in-depth. Let me start off with the absolute truths that we know from Scripture:

1) The Jews are God's chosen people

2) The Gentiles have been grafted into the same tree by the resurrection of Christ.....therefore sharing in the same offer of salvation

3) Not all natural-born Jews will be saved automatically

4) Salvation is through faith & trust in Christ alone

So what does this great in-gathering speak of?

Will the Lord God Almighty draw the Jewish nation back to Himself someday?

Thanks,

-Primo

Please.....

Either answer the question at hand or just simply stay away

Sorry 'ha' but......you're sadly mistaken Christ is the only way to the Father. You are only chosen of God through His Son, Jesus.

Best Answer

Primo, you've gotten several good answers, but they've all given the impression that there will be just ONE "in-gathering." Actually, the Scriptures tell us there will be TWO; we are near the end of the first one at this very moment.

But first of all, it's worth mentioning that this promise is based entirely upon the unilateral "Land Covenant" that God made with Abraham. I say "unilateral" because Abraham didn't participate, nor is the Jews' obedience required in order for God to provide it. Instead, the fulfillment of the Land Covenant relies ENTIRELY upon God's faithfulness. With that understood, we can now look at the Scriptural proof that there are TWO re-gatherings:

1) The re-gathering in preparation for judgment (also referred to as "the return in unbelief"): the most explicit prophecy that indicates the Jews would be re-gathered in preparation for God's wrath is found at Ezekiel 20:33-38:

33 “As I live,” says the Lord GOD, “surely with a mighty hand, with an outstretched arm, and with fury poured out, I will rule over you. 34 I will bring you out from the peoples and gather you out of the countries where you are scattered, with a mighty hand, with an outstretched arm, and with fury poured out. 35 And I will bring you into the wilderness of the peoples, and there I will plead My case with you face to face. 36 Just as I pleaded My case with your fathers in the wilderness of the land of Egypt, so I will plead My case with you,” says the Lord GOD. 37 “I will make you pass under the rod, and I will bring you into the bond of the covenant; 38 I will purge the rebels from among you, and those who transgress against Me; I will bring them out of the country where they dwell, but they shall not enter the land of Israel. Then you will know that I am the LORD."

In these verses, Ezekiel draws a similie with the Exodus when, under Moses, God brought the entire nation of Israel out of the land of Egypt and into the wilderness of the Sinai desert. God's plan when He did that was two-fold: they were to RECEIVE HIS LAW via the Mosaic Covenant, and they were to build a Tabernacle, through which God would live among them. But as you know, there was rebellion and the majority of the adults alive at that time never made it into the Promised Land. But THIS TIME, Ezekiel prophesies God will gather His people from around the world in preparation for His wrath -- which will ensure they accept the New Covenant and experience His actual presence among them (within the Forth Temple).

Other key prophesies making the same point are: Ezekiel 39:7 & 21-24 (which emphasizes judgement); Ezekiel 22:17-22; Eze. 36:22-24; and Zephaniah 2:1-2.

This first re-gathering began after WWII, when the Zionist Movement purchased parts of Israel and continues today. However, Israeli census information shows that the numbers of Jews moving to Israel is greatly dwindling; eventually, it will cease during the mid-point of the Tribulation. Interestingly, th census ALSO proves that the majority of Israeli Jews are not religious; many are atheists. This gives concrete proof that God is still working on the first re-gathering.

2) The re-gathering in preparation for God's blessing (also known as "the return due to belief"): The second re-gathering begins after the end of the Tribulation. At that time, all Jews remaining alive have received Jesus as Messiah; none who continued to reject Him will have survived the Tribulation. They will ALL be righteous (Jeremiah 50:20, Isaiah 4:3-6 & Romans 11:26).

The primary Scripture is Deut. 30:1-10, but it's WAY too long to quote here. As you read it, note that the re-gathering occurs from all over the world, so God cannot be referring to the Babylonian captivity; He can ONLY be referring to the "diaspora," the dispursion that occured after 70 AD.

Other key Scriptures are Isaiah 11:11 - 12:6 (notice God says He would "set His hand again the SECOND TIME to recover the remnant of His people ..." Again, this CANNOT refer to the re-gathering after the Babylonian captivity, since that was not a world-wide dispursion); Isaiah 27:12-13; Isaiah 43:5-7; Jeremiah 16:14-15; Jeremiah 23:3-4 & 7-8; Jeremiah 31:7-10; and Ezekiel 39:25-29 (which emphasizes re-gathering AFTER judgement).

• I think Jews call it the aliyah.

There were promises made about the Jews returning from Babylon in their exile there.

Jesus said Jerusalem would be trampled on until the end of the time of the gentiles. Implying somewhat a revival of the Jewish state and nation after a long time of being badly treated and under subjugation to others; since they did not know the time of the Messiah's visitation and rejected him there was to be another Babylonian type exile according to Jesus.

Some prophecies in the Bible about the Messiah speak of his coming (2nd coming from the christian view) being in defence of an assailed Jerusalem and Judaea - eg Zechariah 12 (at leaast that's how I interpret things; although I am no scholar.) So the Jews would have to be back in their land for that.

This is not to say that Jews have got back in their land in the most decent way - they are not more righteous than others, although certainly they have been one of the most picked-upon peoples historically. But even if some aspects of Israel's re-foundation seem very intolerant, it is true that most people movements - invasions, wars of conquest etc - are pretty unpleasant due to human selfishness. God can will the return to happen, but human freedom means human sins, but God isn't directly responsible for them.

God is honouring his promise to bless Abraham's physical descendants. Jesus is the Saviour of course, and some of the promises to Abraham were phrased by God so that whereas there is a physical blessing on Israel the ultimate blessing is on the ultimate 'seed' of Abraham - the Messiah and perfect one Jesus. We are considered to be that spiritual seed when we believe in Jesus as his standing with God is made ours.

If I am understanding your question correctly yes the Jews will be drawn back to God on a National basis.

On Item 3 above no one is "saved" automatically no matter what race or ethnicity they are.

1st the issue of the Jews being scattered:

Moses prophesied it in Deuteronomy 28:64 as well as the Prophet Hosea in Hosea 9:17

In both cases the prediction was that the Jews would be scattered among the nations.

Now the Jews have been captured and taken away in captivity but those were always to one Nation, Assyria or Babylon. It was not until Rome got tired of all the revolts there and between 70AD and 135AD systematically kicked them out of the area that they were truly dispersed among the nations. In fact it was a crime punishable by death for a Jew to return to "Palestine" after 135AD while Rome was still in power.

Isaiah (Isaiah 11) and Ezekiel (Ezekiel 36 and 37) both prophesied the eventual return of Israel to a "Jewish" homeland.

The Zionist movement began to build in the late 1800's and culminated in the rebirth of the Nation of Israel in one day as prophesied in Isaiah 66:7-8.

The only thing is the process is still ongoing, it is not complete. The largest population of Jews outside Israel is in the US today.

This will change with the Gog Magog War in Ezekiel 38 and 39. When a host of nations come together to destroy Israel God will reveal himself again and all Jews not in Israel will move to Israel and as a Nation they will reestablish their Old Covenant relationship with God.

Once this happens God will begin to work and show them that Jesus is their promised Messiah and they will eventually come to realize this and accept it.

Keep in mind this focus is on a national level not individual. Individual Jews do come to Jesus and are saved.

Two types of in-gathering

1. To the State of Israel !!!

2. To the salvation of God during the Tribulation perhaps thru the 144,000 endtime evangelistic jews !!!

• Jan P

Revelation chapter seven talks about the 12 tribes of Israel that are sealed. Then it moves on to the great multitude in white robes. I'm not sure if this is what you're asking about but it does talk about the different tribes of Israel.

God has said to Israel numerous times, "I will never leave or forsake you" which implies that they are STILL part of His plan. No matter what else happens.

Yes Romans 11 speaks of a remnant of Isreal the Lord is going to save. (spare) they will be "grafted" BACK in. I believe this is those during the great trib who come out of the great trib- those who are witnessed to by the two lampstands (two witnesses) who come down from Heaven. Revelation 18 I believe- or is it chapter 19? See, my memory is slipping!

Romans 10:

9That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

11For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

12For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

13For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Hon - I'm sailing through Y!A quickly - and wanted to give this reference: http://www.ifcj.org/site/PageNavigator/eng/USENG_h...

The International Fellowship of Christians and Jews is committed to helping the Nation of Israel return - among many other activities.

Contact them and they can expound on their ministry and the scriptural basis for it. Peace.

Yes.

Romans 11:26-27 (KJV)

26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

Zechariah 12:9-14 (KJV)

9 And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.

10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

11 In that day shall there be a great mourning in Jerusalem, as the mourning of Hadadrimmon in the valley of Megiddon.

12 And the land shall mourn, every family apart; the family of the house of David apart, and their wives apart; the family of the house of Nathan apart, and their wives apart;

13 The family of the house of Levi apart, and their wives apart; the family of Shimei apart, and their wives apart;

14 All the families that remain, every family apart, and their wives apart.

• Which scripture are you referring to as far as "in-gathering"?