Should I apply residency now? Another Green Card problem. quite urgent?

I entered the US with a F-1 Student visa, met my husband in college, and we got married may 08. A few months after we are married in the US, we bought plane tickets to go to Hong Kong in May 09 to visit my parents. (They couldn't come to the wedding because of their age.) But I was told by a friend that I... show more I entered the US with a F-1 Student visa, met my husband in college, and we got married may 08.
A few months after we are married in the US, we bought plane tickets to go to Hong Kong in May 09 to visit my parents. (They couldn't come to the wedding because of their age.)
But I was told by a friend that I will not be able to re-enter the country with my F-1 visa because it is void after my marriage.(As now I have an intention to stay in the US) The thing is, we haven't yet filed any change of status form, if I have not filed anything, is my F-1 still void?

We really wish to travel home this May because we already paid thousands for our plane tickets and I haven't seen my family for a long time. Another friend suggested me to apply for my green card now and get the "travel permit I-131" with it. But it is already Feb 09, and I am leaving in 3 and a half months, can the process come quick enough ?

Or should I stay in the US and not leave at all ? I can't afford not being able to come back either, because I am graduating in May 10.

P.S : My husband is a U.S born citizen.

Thank you so much for helping.