Will Americans pay any attention to this study released in Britain today?

A report on childhood released today in Britain reads: Adult selfishness is blamed for many of the problems afflicting young people in Britain: high family break-up, teenage unkindness, unprincipled advertising, too much competition in education and ("of course" say the report's authors) "our... show more A report on childhood released today in Britain reads:

Adult selfishness is blamed for many of the problems afflicting young people in Britain: high family break-up, teenage unkindness, unprincipled advertising, too much competition in education and ("of course" say the report's authors) "our acceptance of income inequality".

Echoing conservative party arguments, the collapse of the traditional family is seen as a critical factor. Lone parents, absent fathers,working mothers.

While these ideas may appeal to traditionalists, the report recommends : HIGHER TAXES, SIGNIFICANT REDISTRIBUTION OF WEALTH to counter child poverty and huge investment in mental and health services, education and child care.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/thereporters/...
Update: O.K. I see

Everybody in favor of screwing our kids and the future of our society to save a few dollars today say "aye!"
Update 2: And what would be that root cause?Do you forget women had to enter the workforce among other things because one parent working wasn't putting enough food on the table? Since the 70's the working and middle class has not gotten a pay rise. What one person could do before now takes two. All the while... show more And what would be that root cause?Do you forget women had to enter the workforce among other things because one parent working wasn't putting enough food on the table?

Since the 70's the working and middle class has not gotten a pay rise.

What one person could do before now takes two. All the while childcare has not improved and has only gotten more expensive, nor has education, maternity and family leave as well as health careis pitiful compared to all the first world and even some of the third world countries. We are the only industrialized country that doesn't have a law on paid vacation.

Should I keep going or can I trust you to do your research?
23 answers 23