_ asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

13 YEARS OLD! WEIGHT PROBLEM, PLEASE HELP ME.?

I'm 13 years old and weigh about 180 pounds. =[ 5'4 tall.

I try so hard not to eat that much, but its kind of hard. I have so much friends, all skinny and amazing. Sadly, it's never been as easy to lose weight as other people. Most of my family is overweight as well, and apparently my metobolism is naturally slow. Anyway, I've had an emphinany when me and my friend were looking for dresses to wear for her bat mitzvah, I found the most gorgeous dress in the world. It was so beautiful, and I was so excited. Until my mom walked in, and said my body could never pull off in that dress and that we could go find another one. I saw she was right, the largest size was Bust 38". Waist 32", I don't know my exact waist measurement, but I'm pretty sure I couldn't fit in it. It just blows not being able to be confident with guys, I can't even wear skirts or shorts, I only wear long pants because I'm so self concious about my legs. The point is anyway, I need to lose weight, not want to, NEED to. I can't afford any weight plan or excericise videos. I can manage dieting in the mornings and at lunch, but it sucks because at dinner my mom makes these carb filled delicious cuban meals every single day! My goal is to able to fit, and look good, in a size medium of that dress. I want to be able to show my legs and arms and feel good. My overall goal is to lose 50 pounds in six months without starving myself.

Please help me, I can't live like I am anymore.

Favorite Answer

okay I am not gonna read all of that. But here is the magical secret way to lose weight. are you ready.......ok............................

1.make yourself excercise

2.stop eating as much and stop eating fatty foods

3.eat healthy

yay you lost weight

Sweetheart I ache for you. It is really hard to get fit when you are part of a family who are all overweight, no matter how good, caring and loving they are. Your mom was right, until you get to lose weight, the best thing is to dress in colourful but loose clothing - forgot fashionable fads. Nothing emphasises extra weight like clothing that is tight and makes bulges.

You might find it difficult to get fit at your age, you are kind of limited to eating the food that your mother provides and that is not likely to help. Although it has taken a long time to be accepted, recently most research into diet has agreed that cutting processed carbs has much more effect than cutting fat. That means cutting back on bread, cookies, pasta, potatoes (fries), sodas that aren't diet, and adding healthy unprocessed carbs from fruit and vegetables. It also requires lots of exercise. See whether you can start up a dog walking business in your neighborhood. You could earn some money, have fun with dogs (dogs are great) and get constant exercise. Dogs keep you moving.

Wel the best way to lose weight is to eat smaller portions 6 times a day, so instead of eating three meals each six small meals. try and each alot of whole grain's and veggies and fruit. Also, drink ALOT of water, at least 8 glasses a day maybe even 10, at first this will make you gain 2 or 3 lbs but in the long run it will help you lose. It keeps you fuller so you are less hungry and it also helps to speed up your metabolism. As for working out try 2 to 3 times a week just for 30 min, it can be as little as going for a decent walk. As for dinner if you eat more less times a day then just eat a smaller portion at dinner, you still need some carbs.

Source(s): Nursing Student

Maybe you can do recreational activities at your local community centre or join a sports team. Activities at community centres usually cost next to nothing, and sometimes you may be able to use the facilities for free! Swimming helps you lose a lot of weight because if you swallow enough pool water you won't be hungry anymore--It worked for me!!! Also, try joining a sports team or if you live in a warm area go for a jog now and then.

Good luck to you=)

xoxoxxo

mwaz

lotta luvvies

Hailey

50 lbs is probably too much to expect, using healthy methods that will last. You can overcome your size, even if you have a genetic propensity to be be overweight.

Go easy on yourself. Remember, you must be more interested in your good health and best dimensional size. That is not necessarily a question of weight. You want to lose fat and gain muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat but takes up less space!

I guarantee success if you will follow some simple rules:

1) Do NOT skip meals! Never starve yourself. This slows metabolism and trains your body to store fat. Eat 5-6 times a day with much smaller portions. This will amp up your metabolism quickly. Soon you will burn more calories without even trying.

2) Increase your activity level. Burning more calories than usual will remove fat and build muscle. Do fun active things, not necessarily "working out". Find physical activities you enjoy. Then, for quickest results, try to spend AT LEAST a half hour (with increased heart rate), 3 days a week doing these calorie-spending activities. Increasing frequency and/or intensity for faster results.

3) Avoid rich, calorically dense foods. Lay off sweets.

4) Stop drinking soft drinks (and other sweet drinks), even so-called lo-cal or sugar free. Opt for great quantities of water. It is better for health on many levels and cheaper. It will help you fill up faster if you drink about 15 minutes before eating. (Drinking water right before or during a meal decreases salivation which can decrease your digestion... not the best for health!)

5) Take measurements and keep records. Set some minor, easily achievable goals. With patience, you will be surprised what steady persistence can do.

5) Remember fat loss is mostly just a matter of mathematics. You must either consume fewer calories than you burn or burn more calories than you consume. Without a caloric deficit, you will probably not achieve your target. My suggestions are a fast, healthy way to boost your caloric deficit with the least amount of time, pain and effort. BUT... it will require your will power to bypass extra servings, desserts, etc.

LAST NOTE: Do not let others control your notions of what your weight should be to determine your own self worth! Skinny is not healthy! Some "baby fat" will disappear naturally as you grow. Having a few "extra curves" is seen as desirable by many potential mates. Seek a balance that satisfies YOU! That inner happiness will shine outwardly to others and they will respond positively to your improved self-perception.

Source(s): I was overweight for years and have now maintained a healthy boy fat, weight and diet for many years. I have advised many of my family and friends successfully.

OMIGOD! you have no idea...... I am too 13 yrs old. and I am 140 lbs. And unfortunately girls like us cant loose weight. Yes, we can not loose the weight until we are at least 15! ugh... its horrible.

however I have founds ways around that "fact"

I am a vegetarian! I started about 2 months ago, and already feel thinner! cutting meat out of your diet makes you have less choices of food which allows you to eat lesss! in the early days of a non-meat eater you feel hungry all the time because your body has to adjust to the new sources of protein because it is not getting its normal dose. however you will notice that by week 3 you can eat almost anything you want! also you can eat more by week 3 because you are cutting out all the fats in meats. also just because you cant work out at a gym or have exercise tapes, doesnt mean you cant get active! one of my favorite sites for being active is exercise.tv look in the sources and ill put it their. i am hoping to be 118 by summmer. I wish you the best of luck

-SomeOne who is also struggling

Source(s): http://www.exercisetv.tv/browsevideos.aspx ^^that is exercise.tv^^ VVget your FREE vegitarian starter kitVV http://www.goveg.com/ORDER.ASP
  • Start working out and eating right!!! if you walk/jog/bike everyday and you seriously try to eat healthy foods and stop drinking sodas you will lose weight. However the only way it will work is if you stick to your plan consistently for some months/years. If you do this I can assure you you will lose the weight. If you dont want to do it than oh well you can stay fat if you would prefer that.

Hope this helps :).

Source(s): You do not need a diet plan or a workout plan, just make sure to eat vegetables, fruits, and occasionally meat; dont drink sodas instead stick with water, juice, milk, and gatorade; and walk/run/bike (0 coasting when you bike) everyday. Make sure you start the cardio off slow and work up the speed and distance you travel slightly every week.
  • Sarah

You need to talk to your mother first off - Mothers are meant to be supportive and if mine said what yours did I would move out - As for loosing it and feeling like your not starving try foods that are low in g.i they really help you feel fuller longer - foods like sweet potato, and breads with seeds - multi grain help. Try eating more fruits - have a smoothie for breakfast with yoghurt, banana, strawberries, mango, nectarines - or just have that as a fruit salad. Try eating more veges as well - if you don't like them then try making them into a stir fry with noodles - things that I think go great in stir frys are cauliflower, broccoli, snow peas, capsicum (bell peppers in america) baby corn, then have a little fish - Also foods that are high in protein also keep you fuller - try eating leaner meats like chicken without the skin, smaller portions of steak/mince and also try fish.

Also try to average about half an hours or more worth or excercise per day - if you can't do that then maybe do 15 in the morning then 15 at night and try working your way up. Also keep up your water intake - if you get bored of just plain water try the juice concentrate but really water them down - if it says it makes 2 litres of juice make up 3 litres so that your still getting water in.

If you need any help feel free to message me.

More fruits and vegs, drink a lot of water! and walk 1 mile a day(with someone)...get some kind of exercise everyday! don't put your self on a diet, just watch what you eat and exercise. or........just accept your self the way you are and Find out whats making you feel bad about your looks..it starts from the inside..just be happy and not worry what people think...as long as your healthy!!

do not eat if you re not hungry

Perhaps you can find some useful information in a web search for "how to lose weight naturally".