Strong Female Characters?

I'm looking for ADULT (not young adult) books about "kick butt" female characters... female bounty hunters, hitwomen, mercenaries, assassins, gunslingers, swordswomen etc .... historical, mondern, or futuristic are desired... fantasy and sci fi are welcome .... can you help me please ....

I want to thank everyone in advance for their additions to my reading collection....I thought I should maybe add to yours as well... here are some authors who fit the request above, and that I have read and enjoyed....(this way you have a better idea of what im looking for and i dont get any repeaters)

Amelia Atwater Rhodes

C E Murphy

Carrie Vaughn

Christine Warren

David Weber

Eileen Wilks

Elizabeth Moon

Ilona Andrews

Janet Evanovich

Jeaniene Frost

Jeanne C Stein

Jenna Black

Jennifer Rardin

Karen Chance

Karen Macinerney

Kat Richardson

Kelley Armstrong

Keri Arthur

Kim Harrison

Laurell K Hamilton

Louise Crawford

Maggie Osborn (Samantha Kincade)

Maria V Snyder

Mercedes Lackey

Patricia Briggs

Phedra Weldon

Rachel Caine

Rachel Vincent

Richelle Mead

Robin Hobb

Talia Gryphon

Tara k Harper

Toni Andrews

Trudi Canavan

Vicki peterson

...hope you like some/all of these

....thanks for your help

Favorite Answer

Anne McCaffrey -

Dragon Riders of Pern series

The Wheel of Time is a series of epic fantasy novels written by the late American author James Oliver Rigney, Jr., under the pen name Robert Jordan.

Both are enjoyable and have very strong Female Characters.

Any book by Sue Grafton. The lead character definitely falls into the kick-butt category, and they are fun too. Start with A for Alibi and work your way down.

Patricia Cornwell's main character is a strong and feisty woman.

The Christmas tree by Jennifer Johnston is an amazing and very moving book.

In the Springtime of the year by Susan Hill.

And perhaps best of all The No 1 Ladies Detective Agency, by Alexander McCall Smith. It is the first in a series of about 8 books about the same woman. She isn't exactly kick butt but she is cunning, clever, compassionate etc and an excellent and amusing read.

Strong female character? I'd have to say Through Wolf's Eyes by Jane Lindskold. It's about a girl who grows up with wolves (intelligent and larger than normal wolves; called Royal) and then is found by people when she is a young woman. And she kicks butt. There's more in the series too.

Alrighty, here's two series for you.

Clan of the Cave Bear series by Jean M. Auel, it's like, 5 books long, about a stone age girl who gets taken in by a different, older human species who speaks with their hands. It follows her life as she eventually moves away from them.

The Dragonriders of Pern collection by Anne McCaffrey is a series of books about ... dragon riders! Some of the books don't have a female character as the lead, but many of them have a female who is usually in a position of leadership. The Dragon Singer mini arc is one of my favs.

There is a book that I read a few years ago called The Coldest Winter Ever by Sister Souljah. Winter, the stories protagonist, suffers a difficult episode in her childhood. She then tries to make a life of her own. She has to fight for everything.

Terry Goodkind - Wizard's First Rule.

Morgan Llywellyn - Bard: Odyssey of the Irish. Those women don't take crap from anyone, and from what I remember, the mother was excellent with a sword.

L. E. Modesitt - Spellsong Chronicles.

"Chicks in Chain-mail" is a good collection of stories.

My own book "Raven's Song" has a strong female warrior who is definitely not a damsel in distress.

http://www.DragonFlamme.com

like hentai chicks or something