Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

God's presence in the world...?

I watch a lot of paranormal investigations on TV and deep down inside I know that what they are hunting isnt anything good. How do I know this? I know this because I've experianced what they are looking for. And trust me, its nothing good.

And with all the ghost hunting and whatnot around. It makes me wonder...where is God?

Why arent there teams of investigators hunting down angels? why cant we find the good? Like set up some kind of detector that detects angels and not...bad stuff.

Is God not here? Does satan rule the world and not God? And it's only until we go to heaven that we are truely in God's presence? Does Sin hold full sway here on earth??

Please answer this. And dont mock me for asking it. :(

Favorite Answer

Hey there; well, this is definatly a deep question and a great point to make.......I myself have had experience with both encounters and let me first say that the good one's scare you just as much, not because they are bad, but because we as human beings are conditioned to feel fear to anything we can't explain or understand.....that right there is Satan's trap.....I was raised in a Christian home and as I have grown older, I myself have wondered the same thing...... there is so much bad in the world, because in truth, the world is Satan's playground...which is a scary thought, but he stalked the earth waiting to prey on innocent minds and weak in spirit. God's presence is all around us everyday Sweety.....from the sunrise in the morning to the birth of every beautiful child to the good that mankind can do.....he is here, but sometimes, people become so consumed with what is going wrong in their lives and in the world, that they forget that he is here surrounding us everyday. It's sad really, but ever since the fall of Adam and Eve in the garden (back in the Bible days, lol), Human nature takes over the most part of our feelings.....we seek out things that scare us, things that we cannot explain, because we have a need for drama in our lives, we have this drive that pushes us to search out danger and wrong doing because of the adrenaline rush, why do you think people cheat on their spouses? Because of the unknown, that adrenaline rush of something they didn't think could happen.......it's the same reason soooo many people are addicted to horro movies, because it's pleasurable, again, human instincts.........people ingore what they SHOULD do and instead do what the WANT to do......but my dear, if you have a willing heart and open mind, God will reveal himself to you, every single day......sometimes it will be harder to hear him or feel it, but he is there......if you need someone to talk to, send me a message........take care of yourself :)

xxoo

bezel@live.com

I'm not going to mock you as a Christian i wonder why all the bad coveres the good...

When you look at things from a different point of veiw different ways of seeing things become clear. Evil hides the good because the good exposes the truth which evil can not stand...good = God/ Christ... God is here his prence has not been yet made prominant in your life yet....Satan does not and will not rule the world, but he will think that he will come close as written in revolations....no you do not have to go to heaven to know Gods presence is real, just have to seek it with everything you got, from expirience its ttoally worth it... Sin does hold sway on earth, why do you think earth was flooded the first time around?.... the next time (soon) it will change everone and still people will not beleive there is a God until it is staring them in the face....

Source(s): Teen Christian....

Umm maybe you should try taking a look at the bible for a bit. It tells you that Satan is the Prince of the World and it also tells you that there are evil spirits roaming in the air. And perhaps because angels arent disturbing. And no sin does not hold full sway here on earth its up to people to decide on that.

• QWERTY

That's a really good question.

I've often wondered if some of the ghost hunting that is done is actually tracking angels. I'm sorry what you've experienced is so bad.

You've questioned who rules the world. I think humans do. We are in control of our own destiny. I don't think there is a Satan anyway so I don't feel like the evil on earth has been created by anyone but us. There are many things like the spirits both good and evil that we just don't know about. We will continue to search and learn but we need to be open to the fact that they are around us.

(Edit: So Scotgirl and See a Hope, why didn't you answer the question?)

If you read the bible, and believe it, Satan is not in full control of the earth until after Armageddon. Then, he has 1000 years to gather whatever souls he can until God's final judgment. What you are talking about has nothing to do with God or Satan. If a human being feels good about their life at the time of their death; there is nothing to keep the soul here on the earthy realm. They " move on " to whatever else awaits us. However, if there is something that these souls have done that makes them afraid to move on, then the soul remains. Or if the soul doesn't want to move on because it enjoyed the pain and misery it was able to inflict on other people in this life, the soul remains. These are generally what people call " evil " souls. On the flip side of the coin, there are people, especially children, who die suddenly, tragically, or violently, and they do not understand, or realize, what has happened, and they remain here out of confusion, often times acting out parts of their lives. None of these souls are really evil or good, they are just here. It sounds like you believe in God, by your question. If you do, just live your life to the best of your ability, knowing that these things you have experienced can have no effects on your soul. Trust that your God will make things right in the end.

satan does rule the world because when eve ate the apple she handed the power over to satan. for God to rule the world we need to give the power back to him, which alot of people are refusing to do. Sin is ravaging this world, however God is working through Christians & in churches right across the world as we cry out in desperation for him. An angle detector wouldn't work... it just wouldn't. Go straight to the father, don't try ''connecting'' with angels, it's just not the way things work.

I tend to take the beginning of the bible literally and believe gods came from the heavens and created man in their image. The oldest texts in human history seem to state the same thing.

"let US make man in OUR image."

I believe you don't see God because he is not some mystical being that sees all and hears all.

Instead maybe god is really a much more evolved life form that came from the heavens and created man via genetic manipulation from a more primitive being. If we humans traveled millions of light years from home and came to a planet like ours with humanoid beings. We may use our advanced knowledge to create or jump start evolved thinking beings. We may do this to create workers to help make our new planet habitable or maybe as a last ditch effort to continue the human race in some form.

The Sumerian text are the oldest texts on the planet and they often mirror the old testament.

please dont take this as an anti religion rant. I find that those that practice organized religion do so because they believe the value they teach are focused around love and respect..

and Im all about love and respect

• Sophia, very good question.

To men such as this, holy angels do not avail themselves - for the very reason you stated - because they are not looking for anything good.

And on a grander scale yet, God does not show Himself to these men in the way He does to other men because they are not seeking God but rather entities (demons) that are in total defiance of God.

God has not gone anywhere and He makes Himself known to those that want to hear from Him.

Again, men such as this are not seeking God the way God Himself outlined in the Bible.

Why? Because they only want a version of God; namely their own.

They will be met with a deafening silence.

You cant see angels or God or satan because they are spiritual, and in another dimension. The reason why u look around the world and all u see is evil ruling, is because satan romes the earth. You know he exists because he speaks to u, and he temps u to do certain things that are sinful.

Gods presense is not with the world, but if u have Jesus, his presense is found within u, for everyone to see.

Yes in a sense, evil is ruling, only heaven will have the peace that we are all looking for. Satan can't get away with nothing though. He will have his time. These things happen to allow us to choose to do right. God is real, and would there be anything better to believe in if he wasn't. Would you want to chance that?