Are there such a thing as ghosts?

Ok, I know this probably sounds like a crazy question, but hear me out. I need advise on what Christians views are on this matter? It's a pretty touchy subject for me. I'm really in between, I'm a christian, and my friends think I'm crazy for even thinking about it. They all think It's demons... show more Ok, I know this probably sounds like a crazy question, but hear me out. I need advise on what Christians views are on this matter? It's a pretty touchy subject for me. I'm really in between, I'm a christian, and my friends think I'm crazy for even thinking about it. They all think It's demons and stuff like that, and should not be messed with, Which really upsets me, because as a child growing up I had to deal with several occurrences with the paranormal, some were really good, I sensed that, and some were horrible.I also saw what appeared to be a white mass suspended over my parents dining room table it was around 1:00pm about 15 years ago, my mom was also a wittness to this . Of course I had to touch it, and it was amazing, like what they say about what your supposed to feel, the ice cold, the hair standing on end, the goose bumps , and I got an extremely loving feeling that touched me which brought tears to my eyes. This was the only positive experience with the paranormal I had though. My uncle died that year, and he was really attached to the house, and was my dads best friend. I guess my question is really this, is it ok to be a christian and still believe in ghosts? My pastor does not think It's ok. Are there any christians out there that have had these same kinda experience's? It would be wonderful to hear from you. We live in such an amazing world, and universe, with an amazing God, I feel that there is just so much out there that we can not explain. I thank you so much for all your answeres.... God Bless
Update: Wow, thanks for all your answere's I hope there's more to come. Thanks to everyone for sharing your stories with me.
Update 2: Thanks alyssa, and thanks dobby...Many Blessings to you both