My wife is a green card holder (she's from the Philippines and I'm a US citizen) and we're here in Kuwait ?

My wife is a green card holder (she's from the Philippines and I'm a US citizen) and we're here in Kuwait and I'm trying to get her a job but we've run into problems finding her work. How do I let the IRS/immigration folks know that we're still trying to find her work. I do not want them to think we're not trying to have her pay into the system because we are doing everything possible. Please give me some advice. Do I write the IRS?? I want to protect her green card so it doesn't get revoked.

Favorite Answer

Her green card status has nothing to do with her employment or the IRS , but it does have a lot to do with whether she's living in the US and how long she's been out of the US, just as Yak Rider says. If she's out of the US for more than 12 months, she'll lose her status, unless you're active duty or a contractor working for the US military there. She can stay out of the US for up to 24 months on a re-entry permit, but she can only apply for that in the US. Maybe you should consider going to the embassy and talking to the consular officers there about her status. If she does lose it while you're there, you can always re-file in Kuwait, since you're resident there.

1

Source(s): Fina A Girl Fast http://emuy.info/GetEveryGirlEasily

Let me guess. You've been working there as a contractor, and she started out as your "maid"? I have seen so many Americans get hooked (pun intended) by Filippinas that it makes me sick. I hope you are able to find her a job soon. Most of the restaurants and stores there hire Filipinos so try looking there. Keep in mind that she must have a Kuwaiti sponsor to work there.

Are you in the US Armed Forces? If yes, is she there with you on an accompanied tour? If not, did she get a reentry permit from USCIS BEFORE leaving the United States?