• Yahoo Products >
  • Yahoo Mail >
  • Notices and Errors
  • Yahoo Products >
  • Yahoo Mail >
  • Notices and Errors

My yahoo mail inbox always shows that i have unread messages when in fact i don't. how can i fix that?

• Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
there is always the number 5 next to my inbox link on my yahoo mail home page. however all mail has been opened and read. how can i fix that ? the problem started only recently.
Update : the problem remains even in classic mail. nothing i do clears it.
Best AnswerAsker's Choice
Yahoo was contacted about this and they say it is a glitch, they have their engineer working on the problem. This has been happening to many of us while using the Classic Mail, since Yahoo has been upgrading the Classic and other sites, in the meantime, open the inbox, click View All Messages, then unread messages, if you have any late arrivals or in folders they will show. Otherwise it will clear on it's own. It did for us, it took a few days.

Asker's rating & comment

5 out of 5
thanks..the problem seems to have been fixed. also thanks to ooops
  • 4
    0
  • Comment

Other Answers (9)

• Relevance
  • Rating
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • curious answered 6 years ago
    I don't think that you really can. Usually it shows that you still have mail in your inbox because you opened another window, and when you switch back to the first page, it will still show that you have mail.
    • 2
      3
    • Comment
  • smeagin answered 6 years ago
    Just another Yahoo glitch It is one of many problems. Hopefully they will get it right soon. If all else fails go back to classic mail via this link. http://us.mg1.mail.yahoo.com/dc/optout?s... click yes when asked do you want to opt out. Hope this helps.
    • 1
      1
    • Comment
  • Robert answered 3 months ago
    CHANGE INTERNET PROVIDERS THAT KNOW HOW TO FIX THEIR PROBLEMS RIGHT THE FIRST TIME. THEY HAVE LOST ALL OF THEIR GOOD EXPERIENCED ONES TO OTHER INTERNET PROVIDERS WHO CARE ABOUT GIVING A PROFESSIONAL TECHNICIAN A DECENT WAGE INSTEAD OF HIRING BOZO'S
    • 0
      0
    • Comment
  • 6 answers hidden
  • adnan answered 1 year ago
    I can't open my e-mail .. why I don't ..I tried and tried without any result
    • 1
      0
    • Comment
  • Nick C answered 6 years ago
    Maybe theres spam or maybe theres email WAY WAY back in the folder. Hope I helped.
    • 2
      1
    • Comment
  • patricia answered 7 months ago
    do you have a rep in Liverpool,NY?He(Richard Johnson?)He tells me my pc sends signals to yahoo&he will have me go thru a system to correct problem.I have a tel.# but he is not available!
    • 0
      0
    • Comment
  • bea answered 3 months ago
    unable to delete
    • 0
      0
    • Comment
  • Perlita answered 2 weeks ago
    i cant open my inbox
    • 0
      0
    • Comment
  • julie answered 1 week ago
    i want to read all my messages , but how?? i cannot open my inbox , please help me
    • 0
      0
    • Comment
  • my yahoo mail inbox always shows that i have unread messages when in fact i don't. how can i fix that?
    Sign In 

to add your answer

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member Since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total Answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock